• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sparring with Wing Chun

This is a post I saw from another forums....

Just for reference....So I cannot answer your question maybe,

but may help to think....I am asking the guy to shoot some

movie next time if he dont mind :wink:

Sunday, lesson time as usual, a guy from the Wing Chun group next door (in the park) came over to my premise. He bragged about wing chun for a good 20 minutes. I listened, very patiently, but towards the end, his conclusion was Wing Chun is the most "internal art" and is ABOVE all these taichi/bagua whatever I teach.

sure enough, I said, "prove it".

The guy said, "let's do chi shou"

I said, "I don't really do chi shou, but how about I give you my hand, free, meaning I don't do any attacks, and see how you are going to do anything on me." ( then I slowly extend my left arm)

Before i could fully reach out my left arm, the Double Chopping hands came right the way---one to my left elbow, one to my neck, very fast indeed.

Turning the body to maintain the YinYang, I immediately used clouds hand to resolve the Double Chopping hands. Right after of course, as you can imagine, is the Exploring Palm of Bagua. The palm stopped midway, because I kept the promose not to attack.

After failing the double Chopping hand I thought he would stop, but at that position, my left ribs and chest was wide open due to my position in using the Exploring Palm. I serioulsy thought he would just stop, but life is fully of surprises isn't it. So the Sun Fists started to launch from him. I could see this only from the left eye looking backwards, and very very fast were the Sun Fists I must say.

I got hit by the first one, but since I reacted early enough before the fist reached my body, it wasn't too bad, just a bit painful afterwards. But this time since the 'practice' had turned more or less to an attack now from this wing chun fellow, I had to excuse myself from the promise but launched my counter-attack.

After hit on the side rib, I used Hitting Tiger plam immediately, he jumpped back (or slided back, dunt remember precisely) very quickly, but then anticipated that he would jump back, I immediately connect my action using "Three Bridges" in Dragon with the left arrow stance. His left arm was totally sunk by that, so he turned slighted and the right "Finger Piercing" came like thunderbolt to to my left face.

That was exactly the biggest mistake---using a 'short hand' to attack the long target (me). So I use my left-right arms to apply Mok-Gar Left-Right Fan Blocks, eventually the right fan block slapped his face, not very heavily, I must say, just some tears came out from the right eye due to the irriation of the attack. At this point, the 'practice' ceased, and the whole thing lasted for about 15 seconds... he said he will come back next week with his 'si-hing' to do more 'practice' with me, and let's see what will happen, stay tuned...

Darkness grants me pair of dark black eye,

Yet I determine to look for Brightness

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Not sure about the story is real or not.....

But I would say that this guy is being challenged for a while

after reading his story....Reaction as follow:

1) Type one ----Ask for tape or movie (Like me)

2) Type two ---- Just not believe what he said

3) Type three ---- Ask him to come out for sparring

Darkness grants me pair of dark black eye,

Yet I determine to look for Brightness