• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Sad Halloween

Kicks

Its peak Trick-or-Treating time and the streets are empty. I can't even hear kids outside. We've only had two group come by the house so far.

This is probably for the best. Many street lights are still not working and there is still much debris in front of homes. My daughter is at school, they are having a Halloween bash there.

Many new people that moved in the parish are from Central and South America. They came to do a lot of the clean up work. Some have brought their families with them. I haven't seen any of them out Trick-or-Treating. Is this an unfimiliar custom to them? They must think all my jack-o-laterns are a weird sight.

Are y'all dressing up? Tonight I'm going as an ER patient. It comes naturally since I was in an accident this afternoon. The guy was distracted and never even touched his breaks. Wham! The impact knocked my truck a car legnth forward into another car. My seat rocked back into a reclining position. They took him away on a stretcher. I have a strained back.

Our TKD school is re-opening tomorrow night. The first class since before Katrina. I guess I'll be out a while longer now. Bummer. I was really looking forward to working out again, especially with my kids. I hate that I won't be able to for a while. I love working out with them.

Happy Halloween.

Kicks

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey Kicks,

We had Halloween yesterday during the day from 12-6 because Halloween in South Florida was cancelled for this evening. There is debris on both sides of the street, and there are no street lights. Half of So Fla is still without electricity. Schools have been out all of last week and will probably be out for the rest of this week. I took my kids out yesterday and even though it was daytime they scored! Later we went to a party and then had to come home before the curfew. It was good for the kids to have some fun. I had a good time as well. Still, not the same.

Red J

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Sorry to hear about your accident...heal fast! I don't observe Halloween myself but I can see how it would be a "bummer" this year for you. Glad to hear the school is up and running...we need some more pics of the kids!!!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Kicks, i'm very familiar with the antics of auto insurance companies, having been struck '13' times by reckless and drunk drivers. You absolutely "MUST" go to an urgent care center or see your doctor within 48 hours of your accident, or you'll be screwed if later on you receive complications. Injuries from such type accidents can present themselves a month or more following, so while you are feeling a strained back now, you could very well have more disabling problems later. The impact you received was not small, and the fact your chair broke only adds to that.

If there were any passengers, they need to be seen within 48 hours as well. When you go in to be seen, you need to present to them 'all' the physical changes you've encountered since the accident. 'Pulling' a clean-bill-of-health routine may be macho, but it's self-defeating.

/tangent off

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro