Saying...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll say to himself, "since I can't beat you hand to hand, I'll get my baseball bat and hit you from behind."

The element of surprise (your opponent not knowing that you have skills) is a great asset to your defense.

What works works

Agreed on all points presented. Also, what's to say they're going to believe you? I've heard plenty of 'non-belts' saying stuff like that, as a means to intimidate.

Titles mean nothing, words count, actions count. Communicate to end a confrontation, or just get busy.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

What's to say that they're not a Black belt in BJJ, MMA, Judo... bla bla bla

Now, you have just invited a challenge in, and now you have no where to go. Does he have a weapon? Is he willing to be leathal? Have you ever been in a street fight to know how to react?

your nerves are flying, adrenaline is up, and you probably aren't focused.

Many things need to be considered before lending a hand.

1. Call the authorities first. If the fight does start, and get outta control, help is on the way.

2. If it does get out of control, can you get away?

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

Why not just say...

"I'm a black belt in jiu jitsu , muay thai, shokatan, zzpas, abc, and def"

To a person who is causing trouble or about to fight with you. I'm sure they would run away with that :)

And if the guy you are about to fight finds out that you are a karate master, then you will find common ground on your fighting knowledge and not fight.

And your aggressor says, "Is that supposed to impress me?"

Instead, point and shout, "Look it's the Goodyear blimp!" Then turn and run.

Or just tell them that you don't want to fight.

Why not just say...

"I'm a black belt in jiu jitsu , muay thai, shokatan, zzpas, abc, and def"

To a person who is causing trouble or about to fight with you. I'm sure they would run away with that :)

And if the guy you are about to fight finds out that you are a karate master, then you will find common ground on your fighting knowledge and not fight.

Instead, point and shout, "Look it's the Goodyear blimp!" Then turn and run.

:lol: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure! A true classic! :up:

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

that reminds me a story a fellow student told me once. He was faced with this bully in the metro, i dont remember all the details but somehow the situation escalated and the guy said "im a karate black belt" then my friend replied "well you might be able to fight me then" then the other guy freaked out and try to get out of the confrontation.

Suprise is usually your best ally like someone mentioned earlier. You could face a cocky much higher belt who doesnt know you can fight, thats a big plus.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle