• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

online training?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i'd say training online is a pretty bad idea. for any martial art, you need an instructor who knows what they are doing and can guide your progress. every martial art i have studied involves personal adjustments and understanding of the art that you can't get through a video.

i'd suggest just working out, get stronger maybe get a punching bag...

online trainning will only give you a false sense of confidence. its only effective as a supplement to actual trainning. if you want to know how to fight without somebody guiding you, getting a punching bag might be a fair start like someone suggested.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

Maybe you could advertise in the paper that you are looking for some people to train in martial arts with and a teacher- then maybe you could get together a class yourself (but i'd be sure to check out anyone who wants to teachs' credentials).

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

Well witout people there you wont know if your techs actually work or even how to apply them its also good to try them out on different body types so you know what works on a big or small person ect...

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

On line training (or training by book / video) might help you if you already have a good base in a MA and want to do some additional work on your own, but not if you're just starting out. There's no substitute for a good (live) instructor. The money you spend will be worth it.

If your starting out I would not advise "online training" Its more for ppl who have a good background in MA and want to look at other systems. If you cant get to a class, I'd say the best way to better condition your self is to exersise, lift weights ( if your old enough) and lightly spar with a friend or someone older in your family. remember that 1st you will need big soft gloves and always take it easy!!!

Exersise alone can give you muck better reaction time, the best sports for martial arts would be squash, babminto, etc... for change of direction and bursts of speed. football for tacktics and fittness. swimming for breath control. lastly I would say golf for body control.

"Turn to face the sun,

your shodows will fall behind you"

Exersise alone can give you muck better reaction time, the best sports for martial arts would be squash, babminto, etc... for change of direction and bursts of speed. football for tacktics and fittness. swimming for breath control. lastly I would say golf for body control.

You can find many sports that does ALL that, don't need to practice a dozen sports. One that comes to my head is basketball, I played it in my High school team and it demanded alot of speed bursts/change of directions, tactics, made you fit, worked your cardio (breath control? don't need to hold your breath in a fight, just breath deeply and regularly) and of course body control. Or even better, boxing :)

But that still won't make you a martial artist/fighter or whatever. I suggest reading a book that explains the FUNDEMANTALS (basics) of combat and train them on a heavy bag, because without a teacher fundementals is all you can expect to learn to a decent level.