• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Interesting belt dilemma

Bleeding Lion

I wanted to dress as a martial artist for Halloween, sort of like ryu in street fighter (white karate gi, black belt, red ribbon on the head). However, I am not a black belt. I didnt know if I could (morally) buy a black belt and dress just for this occasion. At the end I didnt do it cause I would have felt weird a belt i didnt earn, even though it was for a party.

What do you guys think?

I'm kind of late on this. Halloween is almost over, but I feel the same way. I once dressed as a "kung fu master" a few years ago. The kung fu uniform, head band, and the little kung fu shoes. But I didn't wear a sash at all.

My boyfriend is a BB, and of course I do his laundry (if he doesn't). I have to wash his uniforms. I have to dig his uniform out of his bag along with his belt and towel. I will remove his belt, but I wouldn't think about wearing it. As far as it goes is, I drape it around my neck long enough to dig his uniform out, then I fold his belt up and put it back in his bag.

I don't even wear my own TKD red belt for Jujitsu. I wear a white belt. My instructor doesn't care really. He knows I earned my red belt, and he doesn't mind if I wear it, but I feel "weird" doing so for Jujitsu.

That's just me, though.

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

belt doesn't matter, your not goin around telling people your a black belt, its just a color. i know plenty of people who aren't black belts but have more skill than one. as long as your not trying to be something your not its all good

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

I wanted to dress as a martial artist for Halloween, sort of like ryu in street fighter (white karate gi, black belt, red ribbon on the head). However, I am not a black belt. I didnt know if I could (morally) buy a black belt and dress just for this occasion. At the end I didnt do it cause I would have felt weird a belt i didnt earn, even though it was for a party.

What do you guys think?

I don't think that kind of thing is a problem at all. I am suspicious that half of the people who wear a black belt on the job just went out and bought one anyway.