• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was having a good lesson today until I demonstrated a punch and how in karate they twist the hip for extra power.Some guy started shouting calling karate "oriental shit",so I told him to get up and I hit him in the temple using the technique.I doubt i'll be seeing him again.He'd only reached white belt in Karate and he came to my school because he couldn't survive in the others.Well,he can get out.

I'm the best there ever was and the greatest there won't ever be cos im john john john grayston grayston grayston.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jackspratt, that student deserves to be thrown out, good call. Anyone disrespecting an art, especially while swearing, should be barred from the club. About hitting him in the temple though, I am not sure, that might be considered assault, and a temple blow is very dangerous.

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

jackspratt....(lol)......the things you say....a simple get out would have sufficed....if you keep this up either you'll knockout all your students or they'll leave thinking their next.

:weirdlook:

rushman (taekwondo moderator)

3rd dan

wtf/kukkiwon

florida

This Message was edited by: iamrushman on Jul 20, 2001 3:41pm

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

Hey, that guy sounds cool. Send him my way, I'll show him some cool stuff to impress him.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Okay, so how old are you again jackspratt?

Angus

Reason with an assailant first, THEN break their face!

- Angus Argyle

This Message was edited by: Patrick on Jul 21, 2001 9:08am

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

I don't really think that was a great thing to do - but hey, its your lawsuit. :grin:

On 2001-07-20 12:10, jackspratt wrote:

I was having a good lesson today until I demonstrated a punch and how in karate they twist the hip for extra power.Some guy started shouting calling karate "oriental sh(squak)t",so I told him to get up and I hit him in the temple using the technique.I doubt i'll be seeing him again.He'd only reached white belt in Karate and he came to my school because he couldn't survive in the others.Well,he can get out.

I couldn't be sure by your post, as if you were saying that you were having a good lesson that day, or were giving a good lesson that day -- and if you were posting this as a student or an instructor. However, and especially for an instructor, but including anyone such as students as well, that was out of line and, well, foolish. You knowing your art isn't "oriental sh(svnible)t", should be skilled enough and confident enough, to not have to resort to such things. That doesn't prove anything, other than a wrong doing on your part.

You can simply ignore the person, or ask them to leave, depending. You could have also subdued them, assuming that was reasonable action, if they wouldn't leave. You should understand as a student or instructor, that people will be disrespectful and mouth off sometimes. That's no excuse to strike someone, especially in the temple. Moreover, to demonstrate this technique?

Excuse me for questioning your post and story, but are you saying that you put more power/force into this strike to this kid's temple to prove a point about how you couldn't deal well with a loud mouth? Tell me, I'm genuinely curious, is this story "oriental sh(bow wow)t"? Yes, that was for the sake of humor, but I just have trouble buying it is all. Cheers! :-)

[Edited for the convenience of humor]

Regards,

Tim Greer | xanth@digital-star.com | Phone: 530-222-7244

Server/System administration, programming, security, consulting.

Kung Fu, Modern Arnis, TaiJutsu, and so on and on and on and...

This Message was edited by: Tim Greer on Jul 24, 2001 1:18am

Regards,

Tim Greer -> admin@chatbase.com | Phone: 530-222-7244

I study any and every style and I'm always looking to spar!!

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)

that's true, it would've been more fun to toss him to the ground and make him feel helpless than to actually hurt the person. I have done this to navy SEALS and marines that think they are really tough, it really makes them change their mind about what I'm teaching and I retain more students that way.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.