• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I spared ina tournament today and went against a 21 year old guy who knew muay thay. I do TKD and I thought I had the guy on the ropes we were both BBs and the point sparring went all the way to 5. All I needed was one more hit to the body or head to win the score was 4to0 my favor, but on the last round everyone was screaming and yelling ooooooh,and holy crap that was so close it was just me and him on the floor and everyone was just looking at us competetors and all. He was at least five feet away from me then all of a sudden I was pratically gliding on his knee :o and the crowd just shut up really quick :-? . The wind was Knocked out of me , I got back in ten minutes later :roll: but it is still some thing I wont forget.

If you wash your hands in anger, you never have clean hands

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and getting hit with a knee makes you shook of the art? you should go to a few MT classes and they will teach u how 2 defend against a knee, you will also see that MT is very tough to train in but its not somthing to fear.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

I think you did very well. Sparring against a muay thai fighter I'm sure is no joke.

Let me be the first to say, "Congrats" You learn from your mistakes

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

Yeah we do but the tournament that I went to said TKD tournament, even thought other styles participated in it. the reson I didnt do any kneeing was because in the rules it said no knees or elbose. Even though He kneed me he got the point because he convinced the judges that he was doing a front kick and his knee reached me instead :roll:

If you wash your hands in anger, you never have clean hands