• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

speed or stregnth?

speed or stregnth?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. speed or stregnth?

• speed
    • strength

Hm, interesting. Buuuut- what do you think about the opinion that sport fighting produces the best fighting techniques, as they are proven and forced to evolve? (Obviously I am of this opinion- are you?) And why not train MT with people of other weight classes anyway, sounds like great way to get better to me.

Thats tough, for the first part, it would kinda be like comparing TMA and MMA which has no end of debating. I used to be a MMA enthusiest however now I enjoy the ideals of TMA, why? Im not sure. Indeed the techniques intended for sport fighting are VERY effective, i find them somewhat limiting(in regard of mental thinking). Also because MMA(in general) have mostly evolved from past MA or borrowed techniques, i find everything is based on other peoples success, and i enjoy the thinkable challenge of mastering a TMA. Id like think of TMA as a completely personal system(i guess except for your insturctor), I like how TMA dont say what you can and cannot do, and less grouping in competetions. In MY OPINION, TMA is about personal endevors and balance of life, while MMA holds less personal meaning. Its just what type of journey you prefer. As for the second part, i agree training with other wieght classes is great. But I just so tired of hearing same old things, i wouldnt have done the things ive done in the past, but hey, who wouldn't want to change things of the past right?

Now that i think about it, perhaps i just joined a bad gym for MT.

As for me not beleiving in weight classes, thats because really if your going to fight and become the best then you should have to use every advantage to each his own. But its not like i could run the UFC or anything so my opinion is really shot down there.

Sorry I couldnt answer the post very well, but that was tough.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True balance, as I mentioned before is when you substitute neither strength for speed, or speed for strength, but when the two harmonize at one meeting place.

And again, if I am unable to do such, then I will first work upon speed, and then work on my form to increase the power.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

• 1 month later...

Why limit yourself? They both have there ups and downs...its like a stalemate, try to train in both of them.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

if your over built and can hardly move then youll use more energy.

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-