• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Big question.

Russell

Or another option you might consider instead of searching the internet for information, is to fly ME over to the UK (I need to get to the Norwich area REAL BAD! :D ) and I'll be glad to show you the ins and outs of Shorin Ryu. :brow:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Here's a site with an extensive list of the off-shoots from Kyokushin. There's an amazing number of them:

http://www.australiankyokushin.com/lineage.shtml

Perhaps someone, someday, can combine all of the "family trees" from the different karate styles to present the complete family diagram of karate. Sounds like a fun project for someone with their own website to post it to.

Go to my club website and there's a diagram on there that shows the main types of Japanese and Okinawan karate and how they relate to each other.

Click here!

Sorry, I hate to be a bother, but I noticed that your Chart on your site left a small branch out. Tatsuo Shimabuku also learned Goju Ryu from Chojun Miyagi and Kobayashi-Ryu from Chotoku Kiyan. I don't mean to sound like a Know it all, because I'm not, But I thought that you might like to know.

I have unwittingly changed my way of life, for I can never be the same person again.