• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How far do travel to train regularly?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate: 10 mins in car (but I usually walk)

TKD: 5 mins walk

Wing Chun/Tai Chi: 1/2 hour drive

When I trained in Aikido, the school was 3/4 hour drive away.

When I go to train with the Chief Instructor of my karate org its about 1 & 1/2 hours drive away.

My TKD Chief Instructor is about 1/2 hout away, but he visits all the clubs in our org regularly, so we don't often go to him to train, he usually comes to us.

Chief Instructor at my Wing Chun place is currently in Hong Kong, so I'd have to take a long plane ride to go train with him. :)

I'd travel a couple of hours to train with good instructors - maybe even more. Most I've travelled so far has been 6 hours by car to attend a seminar/weekend camp with a couple of great karate instructors.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I've been travelling between 1 and 1and1/2 hrs by train 3~4 days a week for a few years now. I found 2 dojos that I really liked and I was willing to make the sacrifice. But unfortunately its too easy to find excuses to skip training when its so far. So I'm presently looking for a good Muay Thai gym closer to home so I can train everyday.

It was a tough decision to leave my old MT gym though. I was getting instruction from 2 ex Thai champions and 2 Japanese champions. Plus getting some BJJ training as well. Dont think I'll find anywhere as good.

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

I've been travelling between 1 and 1and1/2 hrs by train 3~4 days a week for a few years now. I found 2 dojos that I really liked and I was willing to make the sacrifice. But unfortunately its too easy to find excuses to skip training when its so far. So I'm presently looking for a good Muay Thai gym closer to home so I can train everyday.

It was a tough decision to leave my old MT gym though. I was getting instruction from 2 ex Thai champions and 2 Japanese champions. Plus getting some BJJ training as well. Dont think I'll find anywhere as good.

Talk to your instructors and see if you can still come once a month or something as well. If they're that good, it's always good to get some time in with them now and again.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

I've been traveling roughly 5 minutes to where I currently train, however I may switch clubs and will likely be traveling up to 30 minutes.

I don't think I'd want to travel too much outside of the 30 minute range, as I'll likely be driving there once a day for 5 days a week. In my opinion it's definately worth it for the quality of the club and training, though. I guess that's all what it comes down to! :)

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden