• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i dont think he will ever eye-ball my girl again

thnx angus, i gues you know how annoying those rednecks can be, proper rascists

Patrick im slightly confused, are you implying that what i said was wrong, or are you saying that what McGee said was wrong, anyways i apologise for whatever i did,

well things now are not why i expected, my girlfriend thinks i am some ruthless thug, she is kinda blanking me at the moment, but things should come back to normal, she was proud of what i did, but she still a bit shaken up about how i reacted, i really hit the guy hard

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ad,

I am implying this:

You ask what people think and then they tell you.

Then you say "many of you think that my actions werent justified and were wrong, but trust me, i have been but into postions like thi b4, and if i didnt do anything, the guy would, and i didnt want to jeapordise putting my girl in that position, sometimes a "just go away and leave us alone"

doesnt always work."

Why did you ask if you were just gonna say "What I did was right and justified and your way doesn't always work." There is no point in asking really if you think you are right to begin with.

patrick i asked them what they thought,

some dissagreed, thats fine, i stook to what i believed in, i dissagreed to what some people said, i just wanted to know whether what people thought about what i did, whether i agreed with them or not hasnt really anything to do with it, i was asking other people to express their views and thoughts,

and i did not say in anyway

"What i did was right and justified and your way doesnt always work"

i dont really like it when people put words in my mouth

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

Here is a quote from your post:

many of you think that my actions werent justified and were wrong, but trust me, i have been but into postions like thi b4, and if i didnt do anything, the guy would, and i didnt want to jeapordise putting my girl in that position, sometimes a "just go away and leave us alone"

doesnt always work

You said "werent justified" and "were wrong" and the "but" after that takes the meaning that they "were justified" and "were right." And the ways discussed in this thread (or "just go away and leave us alone) "doesnt always work." I did not put words in your mouth.

My point is that you are defeating the purpose of asking people what they think, if in the end you are going to make a statement like that.

Patrick O'Keefe

KarateForums.com - Administrator/Grandmaster

iFroggy Design - Affordable Web Design and Development

[ This Message was edited by: Patrick on 2002-03-31 18:42 ]

Life is a damn contradiction. You learn to hit and kick in karate class, but the best way to defend yourself in a hostile situation is to walk away. What the f@ck? You did the right thing, ad. I would have kick his @$$. If someone insulted my girl in front of me, they're asking for a foot up their a$$.

"Fight the Power."

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

The purpose of martial arts IMHO is to defend yourself or your loved ones only as a last resort. Insults or offensive remarks are not grounds for shoving the bridge of their nose in with a well-placed palm strike. It takes more restraint, confidence, strength, and a deeper understanding of the martial arts to walk away from a fight and try to make avoiding conflict altogether the ultimate goal. All true combative martial arts (redundant term maybe?) should be used only if your life is in danger, or your loved one(s)' life is in danger. You shouldn't beat someone up to save face or justify/feed/replace/sew up your ego :smile: :smile:

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

Yeap, I agree gumby..

Heh, if I hit someone everytime they said something offensive I'd be forever beating on people.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.