• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i dont think he will ever eye-ball my girl again

On 2002-03-28 08:51, van_damme wrote:

(Never hit guys in the balls...its just not right)

In a real life situation, use whatever works. There are no rules on the street. Kicking guys in the privates is another perfectly acceptable technique in needed. :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree with the majority and say that you went above what you should happened and did the wrong thing.

Ego and self control are two things that must be mastered.

I used to be into the whole self-defense and street fighting aspect but now I've kinda strayed away from that portion of m/a now. However I still think that in terms of self-defense, the real skill and discipline shows when your primary goal is to minimize both the damage done to yourself and the damage done to your opponent in any given situation. You fail as a martial artist if you go too overboard, and you fail if you are not able to protect yourself. This line is kind of hard to negotiate :smile: :smile:

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

It depends how much you care about her.. If you care alot about her, you should start fighting but if she is just another girlfriend.. you should show the guy who is the boss.

If some one ever did that to my gf, I would take my gf home and the next day i would distory that guy. Beat him up everyday.

"Don't think!! Feel..."

-Bruce Lee

https://www.muaythaiboxing.friendpages.com

This site is dumb but I made it so it is good.

Perhaps you should also urinate on her. That would make your ownership of her more clear, and prevent others from invading your territory.

Seriously, I'd be absolutely revolted if a guy I was with responded to a silly off-color thing like that with violence. Especially if the guy was a martial artist; frankly, I'd just expect a little more maturity and a LOT more self-control. Defending your woman if she is physically threatened and cannot defend herself is one thing; beating people up and squirting testosterone all over the place in defense of her honor is just silly.

chh, are you female ?

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

i have been getting some mixed views here, which i appreciate all of them, ecspecially the pm message from sai,

i dont know, i feel as if i didnt do anything and just walked away, the guy would have chased after her, and touched her in some way, i didnt want to put my girlfriend in a position like that,

the push , i guess the push was what started the fight, but it was really the spur of the moment, if a person starts swearing at you and you are like one foot away, it is very likely with instinct and as a quick reaction to push him back,

i know what i did was out of order and over the top, but guys with girlfriends here, lets enter the real world, wouldnt you do the same?

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

Hmmmm... urinate on my girlfriend... what an excellent idea!!

Whoever taught women the word testosterone should be shot!

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Ad,

Perhaps your action was over-the-top and premature. If all the guy did was stare and speak a few unacceptable words to you girl then that's one thing. But if those words were followed up be an unacceptable action, then that's a whole different story.

Remember it is not the Martial Artist that initiates the action, only take it to it's conclusion!! However, the ultimate goal in training in the Martial Arts is to avoid confrontation if at all possible.

We also know that part of our training is focus, control, etc. In your case it sounds like you let your emotions/pride get the better of you. Unlike the training hall, in the real world, there are many variables that affect how we respond to certain situations. In the training hall, no matter how hard you train or spar one another, there is always that control of oneself that has to be shown. And should it slip momentarily you have your instructor there as a "fail safe".

You mentioned that you missed a couple of shots or found your self off-balanced......that is all emotion and lack of focus and control, and why?? Because we are human!! Just remember.....bone on bone contact=ouch :bawling:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia