• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Competition

Kumori

Hello all, I am a white belt right now and have been training for around 4 weeks. This coming saturday my sensei invited me to a competition and do a kata. He wants me to do Sanchin ... I heard this is not a good kata for comp. ?

Then there is one on Nov. 19 where Im to do Fukyu Da Ich . Now this one I heard you could win awards from.. but idk.. I never been in a competition before.

Also there is one in Feb. Should I fight in it ? Ill be a Yellow Belt by then for sure.

- Kumori

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just do the best you can. Performing kata in front of strangers is good for building easteem and character.

good luck

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

one more thing..

awards or not..if you get a chance after everyone is through, it is always a good idea to ask judges for any constructive cristism or tips for improvement.

again..best of luck.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

Sanchin huh? That's a little surprising. My personal favorite kata, but the problem is, most tournaments are Tae Kwon Do, so the judges are looking for high kicks and flash. It'll probably look good for a White Belt to do it though.

Still, have fun and don't worry about anything. There's so much politics involved in tournaments it's pathetic, so as others are saying, keep your expectations very low!