• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats the diffrence???????

mean fighter

for all you karate guys out there I want to know whats the diffrence between Japenese and Okinawan Karates? like is there something totally different about the two or if I sta down and two people trian would I see a slight or dramatic difference :-?

If you wash your hands in anger, you never have clean hands

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Okinawan Karate tends to be more circular in it's moves and more flowing with a combination of hard and soft. It's roots come from China. Japenese Karate is considered a hard style and linear in it's moves, so yes there is a difference between the two.

Most Okinawan Karate use weapons such as the sai, bo, kama, jo, etc. In Japenese Karate this is rare.

Less kicks in Okinawan Karate? Can you please explain.

How many nuns could a nunchuk chuck if a nunchuk could chuck nuns?

Okinawan Karate tends to be more circular in it's moves and more flowing with a combination of hard and soft. It's roots come from China. Japenese Karate is considered a hard style and linear in it's moves, so yes there is a difference between the two.

Most Okinawan Karate use weapons such as the sai, bo, kama, jo, etc. In Japenese Karate this is rare.

Less kicks in Okinawan Karate? Can you please explain.

linear and circular has nothing to do with okinawan or japenese styles, it is shuri -te and Naha-te being called linear and circular. soft and hard is part of karate in all the styles, they all have both. while naha-te has more soft moves compare to shuri-te. okinawan karate is based on limited low kicks either front kick( toe kick) or side kick, kyokushin being a japenese based style uses a wide variety of advanced kicks. of course now a days even okinawan karate uses more kicks but still less than japenese styles.

i practice 12 white crane katas with 3 kicks , front toe kick, side kick and knee kick , in 14 shorin ryu katas salmost same, in sparing we only add round house kick with shin.

So where did all those kicks came from in Jap. styles , & if Okinawan karate is smilar to Chinses systems then why don't they use all of the kung fu kicks , there is a wide range of kung fu kicks that you do not c in karate . & sinec korean TKD is originally based on shotokan , then it's impossible that Japanese karate has adopted korean kicks , beside karate kicks and TKD kicks are a little bit different !!

Lots of questions :-?

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

i am pretty sure okinawan knew about other kicks they just didn't put all of them into katas, in okinawa karate was a martial art , a way to survive and to kill , when there is no rule if they trap your high round house kick they toe kick you right there you bring your hands down they take........,it was simply brutal. there was no room for kong fu kicks, i think it is normal that we see more kicks when rules apply compare to a no rule fight to kill situation.