Crazy Idea...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally love the Bo staff, but the size of the thing prohibits it from being easily concealed and transported. Does anyone know of a (probably metal) retractable bo that can shoot out when desired?

Thanks.

Question...are you talking about transporting/concealing the bo for self-defense purposes, or just from home to the dojo?

As for transporting a bo, just carry it like a walking stick. There's no way you can conceal it, assuming of course that you're talking about a generic 6' bo. Kinda tough putting it up your sleeve or inside your coat...unless you're a 7'6" tall pro-basketball player? :roll:

As for a retracting bo, I've never heard of one myself and can't really see a need for one. There are a multitude of other weapons out there of shorter length that would work better.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

for self defense use you dont need to carry around a retractible bo (although that would be cool) if u know how to use the bo any stick on the ground can be your bo

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

STOP!

Think about what you're asking. Taking martial arts or not, that is going to be a problem. Could be considered a conceal weapon, and if you ever get pulled over for a traffic stop, I think the cop is going to have a hard time believing you without a gi on.

Welding two quick sticks together? No!

I have a police issue quick stick (extended... it's longer) I use it when I go running, mainly because I run at night, and you just never know. You shouldn't need to place a weapon in your car. If you do, you're hanging out in places you shouldn't be in the first place. I carry this for simple fact of self defence, just when I run.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

There's no way anything retractable that is 6ft long could possibly handle the force involved in bo strikes. On top of this it would be hollow. That's just not a good idea.

Using a 4-5 foot walking stick is much more practical and isn't considered a concealed weapon. Why would you want to conceal your weapon anyway?

Another interesting thought, every time an opponent extends his arm he's offering you a bo. Grab it, and use it the same way and you might be surprised at how well your new found weapon really works.

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

Another interesting thought, every time an opponent extends his arm he's offering you a bo. Grab it, and use it the same way and you might be surprised at how well your new found weapon really works.

I have never thought of it that way. Thank you for the lesson :karate:

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack