• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

multiple oponents

There not allowed to hold back on me if I get the wind knocked out of me( in which I had) its my own fault, "well thats too bad," he says, " get and do it again". :lol:

If you wash your hands in anger, you never have clean hands

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I would think if there were two different sized opponents AND you could get them into the order you wanted, you'd want the small guy in front as he wouldnt hit as hard. In a street confrontation however I've heard that if there is one that seems to be bigger and or in charge of the others take him out first. This will give the others pause before attacking.

I was always taught to take the biggest guy out, plus in this case he is prob slower and is hard to get around. I'm 240 lbs size is not an issue for me. :lol:

A few of the things to consider, when posed against multiple opponents:

• Your primary goal should be to protect loved ones,

Your second goal should be to escape,

Your third goal should be to deescalate,

Your fourth goal should be to take out the more aggressive,

Your fifth goal should be to intimidate the remaining aggressors.

In this, obtaining a weapon is always something to consider but it should not be an objective, merely an opportunity. The one more likely to attack should be your prime target. As far as choosing opponents, it should be somewhere along this order:

• 1. The most aggressive person, or the person more likely to attack first,

2. The person preventing you from escaping (either because he is blocking your escape route, or because he is the faster runner),

3. The person most capable of causing injury to you.

Presented in this are some recommendations:

• Be the aggressor. Do not wait until you are attacked before going into action.
  • Do not pose your back to a wall, it removes half your options for escape. Although it provides protection from someone attacking your back, if you had time to do this, then you had time to attack.
  • Do not place yourself between assailants.
  • Interpose your targeted assailant between you and the remaining assailants, either by placing yourself on the 'outside' and away from the other assailants while attacking your immediate target, or by 'moving' your immediate target and posing him/her as an obstacle.
  • It is not sufficient to merely take out your immediate target. You must also ensure that the immediate target is presented as an 'example' of your ferocity. The first few targets should receive ample 'audible' and 'visible' injury.
  • Stay mobile. Do not become a fixed entity.
  • As in any confrontation, do not turn your back to your assailants.
  • Do not go to the ground. If you find yourself on the ground, make it a priority to get back on your feet and out of the grasp of anyone that 'is' on the ground.
  • Grapple only when absolutely necessary to eliminate an assailant or utilize them as an obstacle for the other assailants.
  • Spend a fraction of a moment to survey your battlefield. Examine your options and plan your route of escape/conflict.
  • Use your environment to help you defeat your assailants. Cause your assailants to trip on objects and to be bottlenecked through an opening or doorway. But, be very much aware that any foriegn objects can be utilized by them as weapons, so try to steer them from such.
  • If the conflict is in a secluded place, work diligently to try and present the conflict in a public arena. Get it out in the open.
  • After the first or second aggressor is taken out, use a strong, firm voice to command the conflict to cease. This is most effective if it is noticed that the remaining assailants are presenting doubt or hesitation.
  • Whatever you do, do not 'egg' anyone on. Do not insist upon another person attacking you. This does NOT work to deescalate a confrontation. It merely poses you as a challenge in a 'game.'
  • Call for help if help is anywhere within visible or audible range. Do so by yelling, "FIRE!" and not by yelling, "HELP!" Unfortunately, people are more inclined to act in their own defense than they are to act on your defense, so FIRE is a better trigger to their own adrenal surges. The goal here is merely to switch spectators into 'fight/flight' mode... and then hope for the best.

Again, these are only a 'few' things to consider and one should not limit their choice of actions based merely on this list. In every encounter, one must rely on their instincts and common sense, for every instance of violence is different. The odds are stacked against you, and in no way are the above recommends going to prevent you from injury. The best they can do is offer you insight into your options and increase the possibility you will come out of such a confrontation... alive.

Thanks for reading

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

one of the guys that I had to spar was 225lb and is in no way slow?????!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I know, most of us larger people are not. But with the group I train with it's that short Mexican guy that always get's me....he's just so fast he makes the larger of us look so much slower.

White Warlock, I'm printing your last post. Very nice list.

I think White Warlock made some excellent points. And to masterh I weigh 285 pounds on a slim week...so I know what it is about being slow. I tend to get pounded alot in sparring...but it also surprises me at how little difference speed wise between the fastest guy and the slowest guy.

Long Live the Fighters!

I think White Warlock made some excellent points. And to masterh I weigh 285 pounds on a slim week...so I know what it is about being slow. I tend to get pounded alot in sparring...but it also surprises me at how little difference speed wise between the fastest guy and the slowest guy.

All I need to do is make contact once.......slows'm down, no prob. :karate: