• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Board Breaking with Egg in Hand

I know the board was no less weak than a normal board for breaking. He did it with a punch, and it was slow motion. That's what has me most intrigued is the slowness. I don't even know how that's possible.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have a conclusion of what he mightve done...if he did it in slow motion..he couldve tranfered all his engery to his punch through one single motion and it be in slow motion..i could see it kinda being possible..b/c as most of you know..if you can focus your energy in one place you can break a board by being right up against it...but thats my theory...lol!

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

That's because it's not energy, it's visualization. Force is energy at work. Through visualization you guide your actions to generate the force necessary to create the outcome.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

I think the egg part has already been explained in better detail that I could’ve offered. As far as the slow motion part: a single board isn’t that hard to break. One could push on it with little force and cause it to break. This could be done “in slow motion” so that you’re really just slowly applying more force on it until it breaks. That’s my wager.

http://www.utbtaekwondo.us/photo.htm

Master Brad does the egg in hand on a brick.

...So far that's all I found...Nothing in slo-mo yet...

The physics of egg makes sense. The slow motion strike doesn't. Even using qi movement, one must do things a certain way.

...hmmmm...

The answer lies in the wind, and yet it blows past our minds, and into the next day.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Aye, bricks used for breaking are also specially prepared. As the wood, which is cut against the grain, the bricks are made vertically, rather than horizontally, so that they layer 'vertically,' thus allowing them to break cleanly and easily when struck while laying horizontally. As well, the mix of concrete used to make a brick is too light in water, and thus the brick is more brittle.

The gentleman i mentioned earlier in this thread told me of a disturbing scene once, when he had gone to Mexico. He was putting on a demonstration there and had ordered bricks made according to his instructions (light on water, vertical, etc) from a local brickmaker. When it came to the demonstration, he opted to open the show by breaking a brick with his head. To his dismay, the brick did not break. In his delirious anger, he struck the brick and it broke. Inside were nails.

As he recovered in the hospital with a fractured skull and a concussion, he found out that it was 'customary' to build bricks in that area of Mexico... with nails. For nails reinforce the bricks, yet are an inexpensive addition. After that incident, he learned to 'bring his own bricks.'

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro