• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

training in Karate online ?*!?*

kasumi

Hi All,

This is my first posting and i hope you can all be of some help!

I have always been interested in the Martial Arts from a very young age, but i have always found it difficult to stick to the exact training days of a club or school. Most dojo's in my area train at night or weekends. This is not a problem for most people but i work at a local hospital and i mainly work at nights.

In an ideal world i'm sure we would all love to have or go to a dojo any time you wish but due to our modern hectic lifestyles things are not always that easy.

Anyway.... i have come across a website offering distance learning for karate. https://www.karateclassesonline.com

And before i give my hard earned money away i wanted to know your thoughts, feelings, and comments on this way of training.

Does anyone know who there are?

Are they honest and trustworthy?

Do you think it could be a successful way to train/practice/be a karate-do student?

I am very open minded but i do not want to be taken for a fool!

If you think of Gichin Funakoshi's twenty principles i feel that he may not disagree too much with what they are trying to do. But i do also understand that face to face, or one to one teaching is also a must.

I really do not know what to do? :-?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Do you think it could be a successful way to train/practice/be a karate-do student?

No. Distance training programs just do not work with martial arts. Fighting is interaction - and teaching people to fight is real time interaction. Being present. Home study programs do not work. They might be great aerobic, but...no. Period.

I am very open minded but i do not want to be taken for a fool!

I suggest that you go and find a karate school (or any MA school) in your area.

If you think of Gichin Funakoshi's twenty principles i feel that he may not disagree too much with what they are trying to do. But i do also understand that face to face, or one to one teaching is also a must.

It's not only a "must", it's the only way.

If your job schedule doesn't allow you to participate in normal classes, discuss with your teacher about that problem. Some schools have morning and daytime classes - and a possibility for private teaching, as well.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

Correspondence works up to a point. That point comes when one periodically needs correction in technique and principle.

In sum, distance training only works when someone can attend either a seminar or meet up with the instructor, frequently of course.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

if you go through posts you can see some of us drive for hours before getting to dojo, i drive 1 hour from work opposite way to my home, when i get back it's almost 10PM , look around more, ask people, let others also help you finding a dojo it the best way, stay away from long distance trainig it just doesn't make sense.even if you find a dojo still ask others about condition (try not to sign a contract) be carfull about the way you pay them.