• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is barking spider???

So Orion, found a good dojo/dojangh yet? What styles have you visited so far?

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have found 2 great dojo's, however both are of different styles.

1. Shorei-Ryu Karate

2. Wing Chun Kung-Fu

Both have great Sensei/Sifu, both are great in price, one is a little distance away, but nothing crazy.

Right now, I'm just trying to find the time to get back into it. Work has been asking a lot of me, and it's hard to say no, when I need the money. My 2nd love has become Martial arts, so it's something that I will get back into, however I think it will have to wait until after the new year :(

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

1. Shorei-Ryu Karate

2. Wing Chun Kung-Fu

Both have great Sensei/Sifu, both are great in price, one is a little distance away, but nothing crazy.

Right now, I'm just trying to find the time to get back into it. Work has been asking a lot of me, and it's hard to say no, when I need the money. My 2nd love has become Martial arts, so it's something that I will get back into, however I think it will have to wait until after the new year :(

Yeah, that's kind of the same situation I'm in. My current instructor wants me to start teaching more and possibly be chief instructor at one of their schools, but I don't have the time. I'm working on a proposal where I can work from home (Computer programming) that would allow me more time. Hopefully it will fly.

Good luck with yours as well!

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

1. Shorei-Ryu Karate

2. Wing Chun Kung-Fu

Yeah, that's kind of the same situation I'm in. My current instructor wants me to start teaching more and possibly be chief instructor at one of their schools, but I don't have the time. I'm working on a proposal where I can work from home (Computer programming) that would allow me more time. Hopefully it will fly.

Good luck with yours as well!

Aodhan

Wow, that would be awesome! Good luck with that! It makes me sad everyday to know that I should be training, but the way I look at it, I have been waiting all my life to study a MA, I can wait another 2 months :)

Well, I haven't picked one yet, I have just been visiting several different dojo's, in different styles. I made a big mistake last time, and I want to make sure this one is the right one. I'm still partial to the Shorei-Ryu though. For some reason, I just cannot get into Kung-Fu. Not sure why. Still looking, I have some time. Thanks for the info! :)

Whatever experiences you obtained in the past, they were not a waste, except maybe of money. What you gained was a good insight into a system that does not provide quality instruction, right? That alone is a lesson worth paying for, in that just because it's martial art doesn't mean it's 'good' martial art. Many people spend thousands of dollars and ten or more years studying a 'false' art.

What i think you've gained is the 'ability' to question rather than accepting things at face value. This is an invaluable lesson, and one that few people actually learn so young in life. I wish you well in your ventures, just don't sign some stupid annual contracts. Month to month, or not at all... that's my policy. :)

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

"just don't sign some stupid annual contracts. Month to month, or not at all... that's my policy. "

I extremely agree with this advice.Anyways what's wrong with kunf fu?Or is it just wing chun that u don't like too much?

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Thanks for the advice WW!

Gojo - It's nothing that I have against Wing chun, or Kung-fu for that matter, I just cannot seem to get into it. Not sure why.

I might just try the Kung-Fu place for starters. If I only go 11 times a month, he will let me train for I think $5 a class. Two guys from my office train there, and both seem to love it.

Here's the link to the webpage.

http://www.wingchunandkarateacademy.com/255450.html