• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

martial arts in school(like gym)

There is indeed a conflict with some of the things presented at 'substandard' schools. Just as there is a problem with what is presented by inattentive parents. It is often these selfsame parents that bring students to schools that don't provide age-specific training.

So, what do you propose? That we enforce parents be more attentive or that we enforce schools provide age-specific training? Either way, if an adult wishes to abduct a particular child, he will succeed in doing so. The goal should be to try to diminish the opportunities, but there will always be that window... however small.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
a couple of my friends and I were talkin about how we should have TKD or Karate as a class in school..i was like haha yes i could teach it! LOL!
Would that be permssable by the Youn Wha federation, though?

yes..we would have to have permission...but we were just playin around..lol!

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

That's something that I can never see hapenning. In a country where people get used for practically breathing, the first time someone kid beat up someone elses kid with what they learned in gym class, the parents of that child, the school, and the country school system would be sued for millions. Hell I was reading in my local news that a school system in my home state was being sued by the parents of a boy who, together with a friend, broke into a cabinet and stole mercury from a science lab. They have been tested and nothing is wrong with them, but the parents are suing them on the "presumption' that they could have injured themselves..which is very true.

My master actually suggested this very idea to the Wake County school system in North Carolina, my home, but was told that teaching taekwondo at school was "too great of a liability to the school system". While disappointed at the answer, it is a very reasonable excuse why not to allow it.

Todd

I wish it would have been part of my studies in school. Maybe I wouldn't have sleep so much in school :lol:

HAHA! that's the truth!! be so pumped all day a/b MA as a class..then..after MA as a class..be pumped afterwards..LOL! WHOOT!

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

Martial Arts in schools is a great idea

Read about my school here

It is an afterschool club rather than a class, but high school students get a PE credit. We now have 120 students across the entire school district in three grade schools and the high school.

coralreefer, Consider going back to your school system and show them our webpage. If you're really serious about starting a school club email Sensei- his email is on the page.

When I was in Comprehensive School (equiv. to High School), we had a self-defence course taught as part of our Year 10 (age 14-15) P.E. curriculum. It was taught by 2 instructors - one from a TKD club and one from a JuJitsu club (a rare example of martial arts clubs coming together to work together! lol)

The course was 6 weeks and couvered 'basics' of self-defence. It also encouraged quite a lot of people to join martial arts.

I just wish that martial arts had been a P.E. option full time when I was at school, rather than just as a 6 week course. :-/

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

It's an excuse presented by some school administrators that don't want to bother with it, but it's just that... an excuse. Insurance would cover them. If such were not the case, then wrestling, football, soccer and other full-contact/semi-contact sports would not exist at the k-20 level.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro