KUPIGANA NGUMI ?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyways are there other african arts still practiced besides capioeira and the art on this thread?

yes. capoeira isn't pure african - it's afro-brazilian. it was created by slaves in brazil and is mostly associated with brazil. There are various stickfighting arts and also empty hand arts, like those taught by kalindi iiyi.

" I have an acquaintance who despises that organization. he trains bukti negara silat and capoeira and researches various african arts."

since when is silat african?

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

I never said it was. I said he researched african styles. I was just adding that he trains bukti negara. However, there are many flavors of silat - indonesian, chinese, and yes, african. there is a silat system translated as "piper knife fighting" that combined silat with the stick and knife system if the zulus. It was created by malaysian slaves around the 1600s.

EDIT: here's a link I found: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Knife_Fighting

I only found the art when looking up Capo...

It is a rare form. But it is out there. I have seen online listings for video training, and seminars, that teach it.

Google search it, and see what comes up.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

wow that african silat sounds very deadly.I don't know why it's no being practiced in other parts.

That's the thing about words, you can make ballet sound deadly just by adding in a lot of metaphors and inferences. I have not seen this art, nor have read anything pertaining to it being effective in any instance. That is not to say it is, or is not, but that the words on webpage do not 'constitute' an effective system. I will have to experience it or witness it, or have someone i 'respect' in the field of the arts make a review of it, before i give it any more credence than anything else.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro