KUPIGANA NGUMI ?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am curious though about your statement on kupigana ngumi. how is it a fraudulent african martial arts? stay up brother!
Kupigana Ngumi deals with little that is actually of African origin. It is an organization started in the 1960's by William Nichols (who goes under the alias of Shaha Masai) and another guy who dubbed himself Tolo-Naa. Don't let the kiswahili names fool you... Kupigana Ngumi is Kung Fu and Karate with some African dance steps added to it that was dressed up in Kente Cloth and is supposedly "from ancient kemet."

* Gary C. Booker is a freelance writer on science and African-American issues. He regularly posts the Mantidote. His books include: "Current Science Issues In The African American Community: An Essayed Approach," "The Seven Laws of Successful Youth Work," and "Sixteen Ways To Improve the Ecology of African American Communities."

I've read many of his articles and find him insightful, if not a little extremist at times.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

I guess it's not very good,since it's not widely known.

Not necessarily the best determinant. Gracie jui-jutsu was not widely known until they blasted on the scene with the UFC, and they were around for a good 40+ years prior to that.

However, i do think it would be wrong to present this style in the same light as bjj. It has not made noticeable efforts to present itself outside of its niche' community and, as far as i know, has not made any presence in the competitions circuit.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro