• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Danger Danger Will Robinson....

Well I am now a Deputy Black Belt. This means I am now in total focus for my Black Belt test.

How long do you, generally speaking, take to prep to go from Deputy Black to your test? What do you do to prepare for it physically as well as mentally?

February 24, 2007 I received my Black Belt in WTF TKD.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We usually take no less than a year of rigorous training for Shodan, but thats not to say it can be done with less time, different schools have different requirements

"Whatever you do, do from the heart, as for the Lord and not for others. -Colossians 3:23

Well I am now a Deputy Black Belt. This means I am now in total focus for my Black Belt test.

How long do you, generally speaking, take to prep to go from Deputy Black to your test? What do you do to prepare for it physically as well as mentally?

For my BB tests (2 so far)

Physically: I get myself in the best shape I can. I go over lower ranking material, get sharp on my sparring, any other physical requirements for the test.

Mental: I review the goals I set when I started/achieved my last rank, and see when I accomplished them, why I didn't, anything I can change, and my attitude towards my art. I contemplate how MA has change me and my life, and I start looking at new goals to set for after the test.

If this is your first black belt test, then I would plan on inviting as many people as you are allowed to, it's always good to test with family and friends watching. (Plus, if you pass, then you get a kick butt celebration!)

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player