• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New rank topic

TKD: 6yrs, blackbelt canidate (testing in Nov)

Judo: 6mo -just enough to see what its like (it's great!)

Kali: ? I kind of learn this informally with one of my instructors and a few other "regularly attending" kali students so Maybe about a year and a half for me. They've all been doing it for some time now.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whoops, also tried Tai Chi Chuan but I didn't like the school. Also tried Hapkido at another location.

I really liked the hapkido but it was a bit out of my price range. It's kind of funny though. I went to the school to try a class and showed up in just sweats and not my tkd uniform. The instructor was an older Korean gentleman and his head student ran me though the drills and basics before class started. I did the class with everyone there and when class was done everyone was very impressed with me. The head instructor asked if I had done a MA before and I told him I had. He then asked me if I was a BB! What a great compliment to have an old school Korean master just in from Korea ask if you were a BB when you were infact still brown. I smiled from ear to ear! (and promptly told him the truth)

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

Coolness :) I did Hapkido with TSD. It was mixed in, so I wasn't "ranked" in it, but it was so much fun. I totally see where you are coming from.

We also have Tai Chi Chuan at our school, but I don't take it. But we do get the chin na from it ;) hehehehehe

Laurie F

My styles:

Past:

Aikido - trained for about 12 months, got to 5th kyu. Would most likely still be training in Aikido if the school hadn't closed.

Judo - no formal training at a school. Trained with my brother (2nd Dan), who put me through an orange belt grading (I passed! lol), so I have an unofficial Judo orange belt! My bro has moved away, so I no longer train with him

Current:

Karate - 1st Dan, trained non-stop for about 6 1/2 years. Currently 2nd instructor at my club, hoping to eventually open my own club in about 4-5 years time.

Wing Chun/Tai Chi - no real grade (although the instructor does have a sash system), been training about 18 months

TKD - 6th kup, been training about 5 months. Graded after 3 weeks worth of lessons and ended up triple grading to 7th kup! Just taken my 6th kup test & passed. Hoping to grade for 5th kup at end of December.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!