• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I want to konw how You express your slef.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I show my respect for martial arts in general by keeping my mouth shut. I try not to get into arguements about who is better than the other, and I just live my life with the knowledge that I practice. Speaking of which, I have a great deal of respect for everyone thus far and their answers.

Dave :cool:

I try to live with honor and treat people with respect until they prove they deserve otherwise.

As far as showing love for the sport still training with arthritis in my hands and knees still shows my luv for the art and sport

Plus a little flash by training in pants with a mongoose drawing on the leg

what the heck is ma music

still training to rock and roll from led zep to nickelback its all good

Honor is the most important thing a man has once you lose it it is gone forever

I guess how I express my love for the MAs is through practicing it constantly, and if I'm not practicing it, I'm meditating, or light stretching, or on here. Heck sometimes I go visit other schools if I have nothing to do and sit and watch a lesson for free.

I try to be humble about my training, yet still determined, and I allow the MAs to shape parts of my life.

I've been recommended a book entitled "Living the martial way" by F.E. Morgan. Apparently its a very profound book that should shape your approach to life and training. :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Hmmm... i think something might be wrong with me, cos i don't 'love' the martial arts, it's just like a habit - kinda like breathing... i can't remember it not being in my life....

My problem is i have very little respect for myself or anyone else, or anything... hmmmm, i need a drink..

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

You know Angus I came into the martial arts at a very low spot in my life. I was in learning the martial arts that I came to learn how to respect many things including myself. I think because I was in a traditional style helped a lot in that area.

Now that you are training in a more traditional environment your views will gradually change the way mine did.

I came to show my love and respect for what I was learning by doing the very best that I could in every class.

From my very first grading I hung my certificate on the wall. Looking at it reminded me that I had someting to look forward to. My certificates and belt rack gave me inspiration no matter how lousy I felt.

Now I do a lot of research on my chosen addiction. And I am continually learning. That is How I express my love of karate.

I would agree with most everyone in the sense of constant training whether mental or physical. Being humble about your training. Making the right choices/decisions for you personally, and being able to pass on what you were taught to others that have the same desire and interest. :smile:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia