• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate in Rochdale, Lancs / Halifax, West Yorks

Bazza

Anyone looking for Karate in Rochdale, Lancs / Halifax, West Yorks areas of the UK should try our club. It's run by Sensei Leigh Smith and called Saxon Karate.

Sensei Leigh is 6th Dan in Shotokan under Kawasoe Masao Sensei (8th Dan) and runs his club all nights of the week at various schools in the Rochdale and Halifax areas (mostly Littleborough and Ripponden / Sowerby Bridge / South Halifax).

He operates a simple, excellent value, pay-as-you go club (£4 for adults, £3 for juniors), and with a choice of 23 classes at the various schools there's no excuse for missing training (!) and he personally takes each lesson.

His approach is unbelievable. He's hard but fair and he adds a lot of humour, which provides a bit of a comedy show for spectators. His attention to detail is amazing and he's a bulldog when he's trying to teach you something. He's thought very deeply about how to get techniques across and won't let go until you've got it - each lesson has an imaginative approach and you really feel like you're progressing.

He's very family oriented and like most adults there I joined after watching some of my kids lessons with him. The classes are for all levels and ages so I can go to the same lessons as my kids - doesn't pose a problem for him though, he sees everything and it works really well.

If you're looking for Karate in this area give him a call on 07836 - 778 821.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt