• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No need for WTF

Is there really any need for martial arts schools that teach nothing but how to fight in tournaments? the martial arts is meant for self defense not for learning how to be the best at competitions. You cant use point sparring in the real world, like a street fight dont you guys agree?

If you wash your hands in anger, you never have clean hands

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Not everyone is interested in self defense most people I have talked to do it for one of the following reasons:

Workout

Social

Disciple

Art form

Some do it for a mixture of things but a good instructor will teach every aspect of their style. As a martial arts school owner you have to learn to cater to everyone not just hardcore fighters. I hate to say it but hardcore fighters do not pay the bills and keep your school doors open so you have to make martial arts programs designed for every walk of life. Besides as long as you are getting the training you are truly looking for does it matter to you what everyone else knows?

As for myself I am playing devil's advocate I personally train for self defense and enjoy the martial arts for that reason but I also know that others, a lot of others do not share the same interest. So be patient and hope that most instructors teach all aspects of their respective art. And after all that is the best one can hope for. (From a self defense person's point of view)

Respectfully Yours,

Keith

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!