• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Droping kyokushin ?? HELP

Hello

I am moving to Sierra Leone soon , the company that I work with wants me to move to Sierra Leone branch , I will stay there for 3 or 4 years , I have no problem with that except for my martial arts training , you c , I have searched all over the web for karate ( any ) , judo , and MT schools there , all I could find is the address of two shotokan karate schools , one MT school and the email of a judo instructor , I feel that they have nothing much to offer (they have no website , no training schedule and the quality of the schools seems to be poor ) . I have no problem with that , my major problem is that I will have to drop my beloved kyokushin since they have none there , of course I can train alone but it would be nothing like dojo training , the good news is one of my coworkers used to be a kyokushin nidan & can train with him once in a while , the question is should I train alone and go to the local dojos just to spare ? is it worth starting a new style knowing that this new style has nothing much for me to offer ??

BTW : I don't really like shotokan - No offence - , and I prefer judo over Muay Thai but the quality of the school is my major concern

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i think its presumptuos to think if a school doesnt have a website it is of poor quality, you may be pleasently surprised when you get there.....plus if your gonna be there for several years i think youve got plenty of time to explore another art for awhile. but without instruction you'll have to try hard to keep your kyokushin fresh in your mind

what is your rank? If you are of an advanced status, you can start a training group - get a group of guys who want to train, and teach them. The problem is that you will be better than them, so you will not have much in terms of your own training. It will, however, keep the techniques fresh in your mind so you do not forget them, should you choose to train in something else.

Also, check out the thai school. It will be closer to your kokushin in terms of intensity.

Dude... that sucks. I hope it works out for ya. Drive around and check some of those places out first before checking them off your list.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

Why don't you open your own branch? Show them what Kyokushin is all about.
I agree. I believe you said before that you're a nidan, you should try to see if you can open your own dojo. I'm sure there are places you could rent for cheap.

"Don't tell me what I can't do."

About my rank , I am nidan , but also I am 22 years old , I consider my self the fighter type of nidan , I am still a little bit young for being a head instructor , beside , I am not that good with politics , I think I should start a training group first to see how things would go before starting my own dojo .

Also I am going to check the MT school

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

A nidan in Kyokushin is high enough to get a club going. If you post flyers and make inquiries, you might be able to find other Kyokushin karateka who would like to join you. I'm sure your current head instructor can give you tips on lesson plans, and when it comes to testing and promotions, he might be able to visit your club.

Of course, cross training in Muay Thai is also a good option. I would be torn between the two.

Well, it looks like Sierra Leone is just getting over a civil war. So it will probably be slim pickings. But it sounds like youve already made up your mind. You don't want shotokan or thai boxing. So you just need to check out the judo school.

Long Live the Fighters!