• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

close up fighting

• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Thank you all for the ideas.

next sparring session, I will punch enough until I can get some distance.

I would use some judo, but we only do that on the mats and not during

TKD sparring and neither can I use the Aikido unless I'm on the mats or

training in self defence. We sparr with no contact :-? I don't like

no contact :kaioken:

Normally, I would say use some short,stiff jabs and some uppercuts when in close. I normally welcome closer in fighting myself since I tend to be a bit on the shorter side and most taller people can take me apart with their legs at longer ranges. However, if you use "no-contact" sparring, I am not sure what to say since if someone knows they are not going to get hit, they are harder to "fight off" since you aren't actually landing anything. I have never done no contact sparring so it's kind of a strange concept to me. I don't really see it's use. :-?

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

• 1 month later...

try muay thai it is very effective and with enough power deadly.

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-

Elbows, knee strikes, head butts...

Heck, when I was first in TKD, these were taught. They weren't taught in a sparring sense, but they were taught. I'm not muay thai fighter in my kickboxing bouts, but still...

Normally, I'd discourage headbutts since a slip-up can mean your own nose.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

in taijutsu our kicks are weird cause our chamber isnt a chamber (its hard to explian with type) but we have the equvilant to a sucker punch with kick where you kick like playing Hacky sack and the whole leg can be used to kick even the knee

Cool! Kind of like knee-stamps, knee-twisted hook kicks, and cock-eyed sidekicks but in a more deceptive, low-kicking sense?

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

• 2 months later...

Use lateral movements not linear, moving backwards can set you up for your opponent to use more powerful kicks. Look at your opponents stance, is it a classic backstance...left leg forward right leg back...move laterally outside his power zone, to the outside of his lead leg. Done quickly it closes his attack options and opens you up for front leg kicks to his head and body in the front, and back leg kicks to his back. Speed and flexibility are the keys. Good luck!

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

George Orwell

Done quickly it closes his attack options and opens you up for front leg kicks to his head and body in the front, and back leg kicks to his back. Speed and flexibility are the keys. Good luck!

sorry stated that backwards...opens for back leg kicks to his front.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

George Orwell

Create angles...If your quick try moving to the side if your oppent is coming straight at you and then that should leave some room for kicking. But, you'd have to time it correctly. (Thats the only thing I can think of)

A wise man once said..."Courage is not the abstinence of fear. It is what is done when the emotion of fear is present....That is courage my friend" -Jordan Galendiez