close up fighting

I was wondering what the best tactic is, to get away from someone to

be able to use some kicks. If your oponent stays with you, what are some

moves to use.

don't get mad, don't get even, get ahead

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I noticed that you have experience in Judo as well. Taking that into account I would recomend a throw while close in to give yourself space where a kick could be used. Ultimately any technique that will end up creating space, either by moving the attacker or yourself can be used in this sense. Don't rule out the close in options though such as elbow strikes, joint locks, etc.

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

in taijutsu our kicks are weird cause our chamber isnt a chamber (its hard to explian with type) but we have the equvilant to a sucker punch with kick where you kick like playing Hacky sack and the whole leg can be used to kick even the knee

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

close your fists and move them to the front side of your face for protection(around the part of the nose) and hunch a bt so your elbows protect your abdomen.

move diagonally trying to meet your opponent by his side(while you remain with your torso facing him)

try to deflect your opponents punches to quickly strike your opponent in fornt of you(do not give him your side)

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

I was wondering what the best tactic is, to get away from someone to

be able to use some kicks. If your oponent stays with you, what are some

moves to use.

What you're experiencing here is one of the disadvantages that TKD has, in that they need room to kick. If the person you're fighting wants to be close and stay close to you, then your kicks are not going to work.

Use your judo and possibly consider crosstraining in a system that uses their hands more. Many fights end up close in, if not on the floor. both are weakness's of TKD IMHO.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

A boxers jab is perfect for this use. Step out with a stiff jab to the face. It will keep him from following.

Justfulwardog

By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

Each forward step we take we leave some phantom of ourselves behind. ~John Lancaster Spalding

Thank you all for the ideas.

next sparring session, I will punch enough until I can get some distance.

I would use some judo, but we only do that on the mats and not during

TKD sparring and neither can I use the Aikido unless I'm on the mats or

training in self defence. We sparr with no contact :-? I don't like

no contact :kaioken:

don't get mad, don't get even, get ahead

• 3 weeks later...

That's why I decided to take Wing Chun. I took Kyokushin as a kid, then got into Tang Soo Do, and through both I noticed that if someone plows you, you're done! Found a WC school nearby, started goin out of curiosity, now I'm HOOKED. It's probably the most effective training I've taken, I'd highly recommend finding a school or studying the concepts via training tape and a friend (not the BEST idea.. .but better than nothing) or finding a WC practitioner to train with.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"