• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

HOw easy is it to get a kicker down onto the ground?

HOW EASY IS IT TO GET A KICKER TO THE GROUND?

You are putting yourself in vulnerable position going to the ground right away, there are other ways of a taking a kicker to ground without going with him. I think that has everything to do with this thread, agreed?

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer was: Very Easy.

You are right about it being a vulnerable position, but if you are being out-fought by a larger or more skilled opponent then it may be a wise decision to take him where he's not familiar.

Besides, it will only take a few seconds to finish someone on the ground who doesn't know anything, which is a reasonable risk if you face the above situation.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

I LOVE THIS FORUM. Well, the ground itself may cause you more injury than your opponent, depending on the terrain. Just a thought.

I think there are bigger worries in a fight than a few abrasions or bruises.

TKD - Black Belt

Okay? I guess a lot of people like going to the ground, what if your fighting near a ledge, you might roll off, and die. There may be glass on the ground that can cut your brachial artery, or your head may split open your on the way to the ground or if your opponent is on the ground with you he may have a knife and stab you, because your too close to him, when your on top of him. Also he may take a stone and bash your skull with it, there are simply to many variables in a REAL STREET FIGHT to account for, that's all I'm trying to say.

At least on the ground you have more control over your opponent than standing.

I understand what you're saying and I mostly agree with it. I tell people to knock someone out standing if they can, but quite often you can't do that if the guy has better stand-up skills, is bigger, on drugs or drunk etc. Often times you have no choice and you end up on the ground anyway.

From your statement above though I really don't think you have much experience with BJJ. If you did you'd know that you have a lot more control over your opponent than you've given credit for.

TKD - Black Belt

Our back and forth comments are enlightening and very informative, I am going to start learning from a someone who teaches for the Machados, I think it's useful to know how to counter different styles. I highly recommend Combat Styles for real life situations, and I highly recommend BJJ for ground fighting. By the way Combat Styles have very effective ground fighting techniques that probably wouldn't be allowed in a competition. Thanks for the discussion it's healthly to hear other peoples thoughts.

LOL... I took a weight lifters to the ground once, when I did Greco Roman. He was 17, I was 16. We were for the most part, playing around. I.. did greco roman, not much else, he was benchin 350lbs, squatting 450lbs, etc etc.

I shot in on him, one leg, took him down. Great. LOL, or so I thought. The guy was just so strong and explosive, that I couldnt really do anything lol... sad. He then put me in some kind of bearhug, while on the ground, and man, I literally felt the air leave my lungs.

Point being... lol, you always have to be cautious lol... if he is strong.. and bigger.. maybe taking him down to the ground isnt the best thing.. lol =)

Nick

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.