• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

at 5 month in you probably dont do many takedown just penatration steps to a standing double leg which I hate as a wrestlier I love the knee drop or the low single both work well at avoiding the guilotine choke. In the Drop Knee you get in close like your going to clinch then drop down to both knees pulling one leg in between tightly then push your shoulder into the inside of the knee and turn your body into his other leg push your shoulder down towards the ground. The low single leg or ankle pick you shoot in as low as you can grab behind the heel and push your shoulder just above his knee. keep your feet moving and drive foword untill he falls then spin to the outside for side mount. :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

thanks a lot guys, do you guys know of any places where they can teach wrestling around me? like how do i find out where they teach.

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

A good place to start is contact a highschool wrestling coach or colledge coach near you by phone or go to a meet, they would know of the nearest clubs or people willing to workout with you. It is also not that hard to get a wrestling book or instruction dvd and just watch and practice. I am always trying things I see in books and on dvd's and most of the moves are easy to do without any instruction from a real person.

Never underestimate a boxer or striker. In a ground fighting situation a whitebelt could choke out a black belt striker, in a groundfighting battle. But when your in something where the striker strikes and the grappler grapples. I have seen many occasions where the striker wins because the tend to have more speed than the grappler.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I would work on getting better at clinch work. Better take downs are great to work on, but you might not get the advantage of working from a distance where shooting for a single or double leg is possible. If you work on your clinch takedowns you will have a greater range of possibilities, and you will be much more prepared for an opponent who insists on getting back up.

It should also be noted that working for the clinch, followed by a takedown is a safer strategy than shooting for legs. Both are applicable, but in the clinch you'll have many options, not just to take the guy down, but to strike, submit, or throw.