• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Help with Nihongo

Ken Po

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

$680 round trip. Not a bad price.

This will be my first time to Japan. I've been to China twice and plan on getting to Taiwan sometime inthe future.

Trying to cram a few words and some cultural differrences. Guess I need to hit a Japanese restaurant around here before I go.

Both, but then sometimes business IS pleasure.

Besides, I make it a point to find pleasure wherever I travel. :brow:

Actually I'll be teaching a Shaolin stick set and Yang Taiji 24 Form at a friend's school, then sightseeing and partying the other 5 days. I was hoping to find some interesting training while there but that's not panning out.

We'll be celebrating a friends birthday while there so I expect at least one sake overload but that will be after the seminars are over and 2 days before the return flight.

Both, but then sometimes business IS pleasure.

Besides, I make it a point to find pleasure wherever I travel. :brow:

Actually I'll be teaching a Shaolin stick set and Yang Taiji 24 Form at a friend's school, then sightseeing and partying the other 5 days. I was hoping to find some interesting training while there but that's not panning out.

We'll be celebrating a friends birthday while there so I expect at least one sake overload but that will be after the seminars are over and 2 days before the return flight.

LOL! Nice! Sounds like the trip of a life time.

Can I come? :D :-? :P 8) :brow:

Ok...... :bawling:

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

Unfortunately I'll only be there a week but it will be fun. The only problem will be when it's time to leave.

If all goes well with his school we might make it a yearly event. I still get a kick out of the idea of an American teaching Chinese martial arts in Japan but it seems to be working out for him.

So far I've got a few of the basics down like -

Biiru o ippon kudasai. :P

Can someone tell me how to say a few words in Japanese?

Inhale

Exhale

Posture

Follow me

Relax

Practice

Thanks in advance. One week to go and I'll be in Kobe, Japan.

I did karate for two years in Japan, and I never heard anyone say exhale or inhale the entire time. I just realized that I studied karate there all that time and never even heard or learned these words!

Posture = kamaekata

Follow me= Japanese would not say this. They tend to say "Kochira no hou e" which means "This way..."

Relax=yawarakaku shite (make soft)

Practice=renshu shimasu (v) keiko (n)