• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am debating on whether to take up Wing Chun or Shotokan Karate ive stood in on and watched a few of the shotokan lessons, sensei seems nice enough though she has her moments when I think she gets frustrated, but make no mistake she keeps her cool. The Wing Chun instructor (havent learned the proper chinese terms yet I believe it's Sifu though) is a personal friend of mine and he says Wing Chun is a little easier on the body then Karate which might work better for me (im a lil overweight haha little being almsot 100lbs) what are peoples thoughts on each?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I study wing chun and have had 5 teachers from different schools.Studying Wing Chun might seem easier to learn and maybe it is,but it depends really who is doing the teaching.If the wing Chun sifu is a drill sargent then it will be just as hard to learn as any other art.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"

Hey,

Check around online and read up on each art if you haven't already done so. That may help you make a decision. As for the a little overweight thing, don't worry about it. As Willannem said, you'll get in shape either way.

McNerny :)

A good technique is beautiful but a beautiful technique is not always good.

-Hirokazu Kanazawa