• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What special thing did you do when you got your BB (or sash)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Did you go buy a new uniform? Throw a party? Ok, who slept with their belt?:)

Me and my co-blackbelters treated our chief instructor and all the blackbelt examiners to a sumptous dinner where wine and music kept us happy till the wee hours in the morning. It was one of the happiest moments in my life and one that I'll never forget.

I'm not a BB yet, but when my boyfriend got his, we all (BB's, instructors, and family) went out to dinner. Then Him and I partied till the wee hours of the morning.

When I get mine, I'll probably do the same. Plus I may cry like a little girl at the BB graduation LOL.

Laurie F

I gave my brown obi to a junior student to inspire them to continue on their own journey, aside from that just went out to dinner with my parents (I was 15 at the time).

Malanovaus

Okinawan Goju-Ryu

Karate ni sente nashi

The answers are on the floor

When i got mine i didnt sleep dat nite b/c i couldnt hold the excitement. I got a new all black uniform. There was a party type event in my house not for the belt but I acted as if it was :D

im G A Y and i love you i W A N K over you EVERY DAY!!!

My test is next month so I'm still deceiding on what to do. I may have a party to watch MA movies and drink sake that my roomate bought while in Japan, we may get the UFC on pay per view (nov 19), or we may go hit the town.

Maybe I should make a poll and you can all deceide...

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

I got my BB from a strict white uniform TKD school at 17. So my big thing was ANY other color uniform. I had seen a red w/ black stripe Century uniform in a catalog before I started. I vowed I'd have one, someday. A gorgeous BB at our school had a black w/ white striped one just like it that she wore demos.

I wore mine to one tournament (& stuck out like a sore thumb at a TKD only tourney) & never wore it again. My instructor said I could wear "whatever I wanted." But also said, "notice I don't wear a black uniform." I took the hint.

When I went for my 2nd Dan (at a different school) my best friend & I trained together for it. We had a ritual that that we'd eat Korean food the night before. We did it w/ our jr rank friend when they tested, so it was good for us too. The thinking was "If you have Korean food in your system, it made for better TKD." It was great friendship building, even tho it occasionally made for ....gassy down blocks.:)

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

when i get to BB level, i dont think i'll do anything in particular as far as celebrating goes. I'll just get a spanking new white gi and one of those black belts with japanese characters on it. Not to be cliche, but I dont romantize the idea of having a black belt; it will almost be just a upper grade.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle