• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you carry to the gym with you?

I'm one of those folks that carries a huge bag full of every thing I think I MIGHT need for training. (And yes, its an excuse just to buy more stuff). A few uniforms (just in case one gets dramatically torn away during forms:) ) a few belts (just in case wearing more than one at a time becomes fasionable) & enough sparring gear to start my own pro shop. The sad part is, that's not the stuff I use in teaching. That stuff doesn't fit in the bag...so I carry it seperately.

So here's my question. Are you like me? Or are you one of those folks who simply carries their neatly folded uniform under their arm (or just a minimal amout of gear in a relatively small bag)?

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I change before I go to class, so I already have my uniform on, and I just carry a minimal amout of gear in a relatively small bag. It just has my sparring gear in it. And I also have to take my bo with me. But that's about it.

Laurie F

I usually just have a backpack with my gi and some basic first aid (bandages, athletic tape, etc...) in it.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

I'm one of those folks that carries a huge bag full of every thing I think I MIGHT need for training. (And yes, its an excuse just to buy more stuff). A few uniforms (just in case one gets dramatically torn away during forms:) ) a few belts (just in case wearing more than one at a time becomes fasionable) & enough sparring gear to start my own pro shop. The sad part is, that's not the stuff I use in teaching. That stuff doesn't fit in the bag...so I carry it seperately.

You seem to be overprepared with all your gear packed in two bags. Do you feel anxious if you miss putting one or a few of the things you habitually put in those bags when you go to the dojo? Don't you think you could be overdoing this at times? Or, are you one of those guys who want to be organized and prepared for all eventuality? :)

You seem to be overprepared with all your gear packed in two bags. Do you feel anxious if you miss putting one or a few of the things you habitually put in those bags when you go to the dojo? Don't you think you could be overdoing this at times? Or, are you one of those guys who want to be organized and prepared for all eventuality? :)

I have always been one of those folks that feels like he has to be prepared for anything. Do I overdo it at times? YES:) And I laugh at myself about it often, but I feel that if I don't bring that one thing (whatever it may be) it'll be the one thing I'll need. On the up-side, anyone that I train with knows that if the forget something, I probably have one.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

My gear, a groin cup, and plenty of humility.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...