• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Difference between Martial and Combative arts -video

i thought that the word martial ment something to do with war so wouldnt they all be designed for combat?

Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil~Exodus 23:2

Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself.~Lao Tzu

And mankind is naught but a single nation~quran

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats true but many of them are useless now because they were used in a different context than now

Aikido have names for techniques like "heaven and earth."which represents the creation of the universe along with a philosophical meaning.

Muay Thai have names for techniques like "closing the lamp", which means "punch him in the eye."

• 2 weeks later...

That was the most ridiculous display I have ever seen outside a comedy club!

When fear is removed, the arrogance of uncertainty is dispelled and it is therefore no longer necessary to prove yourself in any form of combat. By learning how to fight, you learn how not to fight.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmmmm....I must admit that the excessive screaming expends alot of energy, but I think I would at least be taken aback by someone doing that kind of stuff. I also have to agree that there was some regular motion, like a kata(?), as was demonstrated in the middle-ish of the video (two guys doing same attacks). As to combat effectiveness, I would think that they could beat the average person, who has little or no martial training, but against a veteran fighter who isn't intimidated easily....I dunno. I beat they have good lung capacity though.

Inspector: Well, you have two options, either you come in peace, and prepare to be dissected. Or, if you come to take over our planet, we surrender.

Zoidberg: A win win scenario! Who cares! I'm meeting new people!

I must admit that there was in fact, some method to the madness but, wow! I watched it again just to get a good laugh!

When fear is removed, the arrogance of uncertainty is dispelled and it is therefore no longer necessary to prove yourself in any form of combat. By learning how to fight, you learn how not to fight.

• 4 weeks later...

That looked more like a comedy act off mad tv than a martial arts demo. Their attacks were very wasteful for the energy side of things, and the keep attacking the same several spots repeatedly over and over. They look rediculus.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder who let this out in public?

Sigung White

34 years in the Martial Arts, Certified Police Trainer. Member of the Professional Karate Commission, IAOMAS, Fist Law Society, Director of the Molum Combat Arts Association and the MLCAA Honor Society

looks like somebody just stopped at the rehab clinic and dropped three pounds of crack and a bunch of sticks and said "here ya go...go nuts!"

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous