• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep...

Aikido have names for techniques like "heaven and earth."which represents the creation of the universe along with a philosophical meaning.

Muay Thai have names for techniques like "closing the lamp", which means "punch him in the eye."

Well, that was interesting. I wouldnt like to meet up with those guys. The screaming like a maniac would be quite intimidating. They seem to have got pretty efficient with the batons.

I thought it was funny, but I cant knock something someone else believes would work! I like the swining trees idea as a training tool, or maybe hanging some heavy bags on my sons jungle gym!! I think that style would work against multiple attackers. My reason: they dont stand still long enough!

To call them fools and idiots is not right. I do wonder why they are only striking heads in that last demo bit???

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!

The screaming like a maniac wouldn't intimidate me... although if someone were to charge at me like that i may end up falling on the floor laughing. :roll:

As to the rest of it, their attacks were not good. With the tremendous amount of wasted energy, the rather poor utilization of their weapons, the single-mindedness of their techniques, and the exhausting yelling they do that will sap their strength in no time, i just can't figure how this sort of activity could be considered anything other than maybe aggression training.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

The screaming in an attempt to intimidate the opponent is greatly outweighed by the other consequences of it.

Screaming, yelling, or anything of that sort is not a good idea in a fight. Not only are they wasting vast amounts of energy as White Warlock pointed out, but by screaming, they do a good job of opening their jaw rather than clinching their teeth. The first decent punch they catch is going to send them to the ground unconcious.

• 3 weeks later...

The difference between martial arts and Combatives is;

"Martial Arts is what you do with someone, whereas Combatives is what you do to someone." - Kelly MacCann

"There's nothing wrong with my defence, you attacked me wrong!"

• 2 weeks later...

How about crazy "monkey" kung fu! LOL! :lol:

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock, and my keen and firm Strength, Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight." Psalm 144:1

this style is as same as real combat

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz