• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WTF TKD Testing Fees

$59 per month without any discounts. the cheapest monthley it works out to be is about $30 per month with a family discount and paying the year up front. First Dobok is free. Black Belt testing is once a year. Color belts once every two months.

-Theadric

White Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, theadric, that's pretty darn expensive!! :o

Are there any other (cheaper!) schools near you? You're gonna be broke if you stick with that one.

At my (WTF) school, kup gradings are £20 (includes training session, grading, belt & certificate). Dan gradings start from £40 (for 1st dan).

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

theadric-

While it seems a tad expensive, it all boils down to the value YOU place upon the training. Do you wish to train under a proven, good instructor? Do you think the training you receive will be worth the money that you pay?

Additionally, what are the living costs in your area? I know a lot of North Carolina is resort type territory, that will make everything more expensive.

My fees are $100 per month, unlimited classes including instructor classes and extra weapons classes. My testing fees are around $35 per midterm/test, and rank testing (I'm a 2nd degree now) is around $100. Another school in the same system in a more affluent area of our city is almost double that.

It all boils down to you. To me, it seems a tad expensive, but if you offset that with the quality of instruction, it might not be a bad deal.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

The cost of living in this area is actually low. It is a collage/industry/ex-railroad kind of place that is trying to grow. The instructor has been a world champion at one point in his career. There are plenty of trophies at the school of his accomplishments. Which can mean nothing, or something I know. It does depend on what calue I place on his instruction. My sister-in-law has studied with him for many years and is currentley second dan. However she said that the belt system/fees has changed sinse she has had to pay them.(increased)

-Theadric

White Belt

Yes, $500 sounds steep, but there are too many other factors to just say that it's too much. All good school owners have a business plan. They know how much they need to make for the school to stay in business and make a reasonable salary. Part of that plan is revenue from testing fees. If they lowered the testing fee price (or did not charge), they would have to make it up somewhere else, usually in the monthly fees. There are also costs involved with testing that probably include association fees.

It's up to you to decide whether or not it is a good value. At my school, BB testing fee is $100.