WTF TKD Testing Fees

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I think 500 dollars it quite a bit. I say this because Barry Partridge was my Master (Grandmaster Jun Lee) student. It was master Jun Lee who gave Barry partridge his first Black Belt years ago, and and Im sure it was not 500 dollars. What the poster said is very true, His students are some of the best in america, and they clean house at every tournament they go to. But because they are some of the best, at least the ones I have seen at tournaments in NC and abroad, the have a terrible attitude. Walking around the competition floor like a bunch of thugs and hoodrats. His students are some of the most disrespectful students i have ever met(granted they are very very good at sparring) But this stems from their teacher. I remember at one tournament, he went and took the chair from a judge who had gotten up to do something with some paperwork. When the judge came back and asked for the chair, Barry Partridges response was negative "Do you know who I am" he said, and refused to give the chair back. Judging form that episode, and from the actions of his students, I am not surprised he charges so much, because he obviously feels his black belt is far more valuable than others.

I think that $500 dollars is very expensive. What is the 2nd and 3rd Dan fees...

$500 is way too much, IMHO.

I think I paid $150 for the Kukkiwon 1st Dan and that was it, and I got the belt and everything.

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."

I picked up an application for promotional testing from the school and their prices are as follows:

white/yellow 11 kuep =$20

yellow 10 kuep=$30

yellow/black 9 kuep=$30

orange 8 kuep=$35

orange/black 8 kuep=$35

purple 7 kuep=$40

purple/black 7 kuep=$45

green 6 kuep=$50

green/black 6 kuep=$55

blue 5 kuep=$60

blue/black 5 kuep=$70

brown 4 kuep=$80

brown/black 4 kuep=$80

red 3 kuep=$90

red/white 2 kuep=$95

red/black 1 kuep=$100

1st dan $250

2nd dan $300

3rd dan $350

Add $5 if you want to keep the belt.

What do you think? :-?

I think it's a rip off! The different colored belts don't cost more. I would ask your instructor why the price climbs as the rank goes up. What are you paying for classes?

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

That's not cheap...

Martial Arts should be spread around for free.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

I paid between $25 and $50 for colored belt tests, and $150 to the school for BB tests. This includes the cost of the belts, certificate, and a video of the test. I only got Kukiwon certified for my 1st dan and I think it was around $250 or so. 2nd dan kukiwon fees last year were the rediculous amount of $360. I didn't pay it. The kukiwon does absolutely nothing for me, so why should I pay them? I'm certified by my instructor (also included in the $150 testing fee) who is a 5th dan Hall of Famer and Female Master of the Year in 2005, and that's enough for me.

Tae Kwon Do - 3rd Dan, Instructor

Brazilian Ju Jitsu - Purple Belt, Level 1 Instructor

That is an absolutly untrue and disrespectful thing to say. Master Partridge is one of the nicest people i know. My fellow students are too. Thatnkyou for the comment about being good at sparring :)

A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step.

well as far as testing fees go..we were talking about testing fees the other night in class between me and my instructor, and well last week was the week before testing and we had all kinds of folk complaining about how much testing is...well...we were talkin and i said ya know...if it really meant anything to them they wouldnt complain about it...and plus..think about all these people that go and spend money on useless things and they complain about testing fees...no way...martial arts is the cheapest thing you can do, and actually get something out of it (as depending upon what school u go to)..now i agree...$500 and stuff is pretty expensive but if you have a price list of testing fees..& u know ahead of time...then u save up for that and not go out to eat and do extra things that there are no need for..and then you'll have that money to test when ready to....My 2 cents..

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

Im sorry to say it "IloveTKD", but something I have witnessed with my own eyes cannot be untrue. But frankly Id like to take this conversation to a private forum. I cannot send you a private message because i have under 25 posts, but please email me at coralreefer_1@yahoo.com, and we can discuss this further.

WOW!! Theadric that is one expensive school.

I added up your belt testing and it will cost you $915 to get to Black and an additional $500 on top of that. Which brings your total to $1415 just for testing fees.

How much is your monthly fee? What is your testing cycle (months between belts)?

I will have my BB shortly and have spent $240 total for all my training and testings. Not including gi, sparring gear, etc.