• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WTF TKD Testing Fees

Is there an official fee structure for testing? Are there any instructors around. A school I'm looking at does charge, however the fees look rather high for belt testing. Not to mention there are several colored belts. the 12 standred plus I think 5 additional(Stripes).

-Theadric

White Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I study at United TKD academy, the only school in North Carolina that has turned out olympic competitors. In fact, on of our students won a bronze in the Junior olympics in aruba last week. I train under 6th degree black belt and 2 time national coach of the year Barry Partridge

A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step.

I think the BB test is about $100 for us and colored belt tests are about $30. I do know that the money from these tests is used to buy equipment as our instructors are not paid for their services.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

I study at United TKD academy, the only school in North Carolina that has turned out olympic competitors. In fact, on of our students won a bronze in the Junior olympics in aruba last week. I train under 6th degree black belt and 2 time national coach of the year Barry Partridge

Well, I apologize for the insulting reply earlier. However, $500 is too much. That's half my mortgage payment :roll:

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

Well, I apologize for the insulting reply earlier. However, $500 is too much. That's half my mortgage payment :roll:

I wish $500 was half my mortgage payment... :(

At the club I go to, the BB test fees are $50 for 1st Dan and $75 for 2nd Dan and higher. Very reasonable IMO.

I'd agree that $500 is pretty steep, but I'm not surprised that fees at a nationally-recognized school that has turned out olympic competitors would cost more. Now, as far as whether the cost is justified...that depends on the person paying, I guess...

I paid $250 back in 1985. $100 for the "school rank" & $150 for Kukiwon. $500 does seem a bit steep to me.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

I picked up an application for promotional testing from the school and their prices are as follows:

white/yellow 11 kuep =$20

yellow 10 kuep=$30

yellow/black 9 kuep=$30

orange 8 kuep=$35

orange/black 8 kuep=$35

purple 7 kuep=$40

purple/black 7 kuep=$45

green 6 kuep=$50

green/black 6 kuep=$55

blue 5 kuep=$60

blue/black 5 kuep=$70

brown 4 kuep=$80