• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

any shorter people here?

kheb3350

There is one huge advantage to being short. It is extremely easy to cover your torso targer area. When you spar, try lining yourself up so that you have to turn your head 90 degrees to see your opponent and keep your arms about 3/4 extended, with your front hand nearly over your back hand (Imagine you are making your arms into a gate that your opponent must breech before he can get to you). Doing this makes it extremely hard to get in a midsection point on you. Then, you can strategically make opening in your target zone, prompting your opponent to attack. Because you know when (aprox.) the attack will come and where (aprox.) the attack is aimed, it will be much easier block and counter. This might or might not work for you, but give it a whirl and see what you think.

"Between genius and insanity, there lies a fine line. I like to think of it as the tip of the diving board."

-An anonymous insane genius

"Fight I, not as one that beateth the air"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It took a lot of time and quite a few good shots to the head to get me to where I am now. It's a learning process. It takes time. :)

Keep trying and don't be discouraged.

Oh right :) . Already notching up the bruises.

Thanks for all the advise, which I will certainly take. It looks like I should aim to increase my speed, reflexes, maximise my technique and I think I'm going to especially start doing some weights.

I have a kumite competition today so I think the important thing for now is that I keep my mind empty and try not to give into anxiety (or at least show it :) ).

there is one thing that i have learnt in anything the perosn with the better technical ability always wins im about 5'7 and about 60kg but i maintain the fact that most of me is muscle. in anything if your technique is good you are good.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.