• no

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'll get cable.i don't have enough time to watch tv anyways.

Too much training ? :karate:

"I am the greatest. Not only do I knock em out, I pick the round!" - Muhammad Ali

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Obviously a tournament with no rules at all is just not feasable. We dont practise MA to learn how to kill each other for personal glory. If you practise MA only for the purpose of street survival then winning competitions should be of no concern to you anyway.

But If you want to test your skills against other MArtists, then MMA is a relatively ruleless option.

There are also other amature comps around.

I just watched the world KUDO championships here in Tokyo. An open tournie that allowed for all strikes(including elbows knees headbuts), throws, locks, and chokes in a bare knuckle knockdown style. Of course there were rules to keep it as safe as possible while allowing for as much freedom of technique as possible. Head gear was also used.

It was very interesting. A number of KO'S and tap outs.

Its held every 4 years. While such comps dont completely portray a realistic street fight. They do get pretty close, and the skills gained from such intense full contact fighting is of great value to prepare a MArtist for a real street fight, should he ever find himself in the unlikely situation.

I think we're pretty lucky to have such tournaments available. In the old days all we had was point fighting and Kyokushin rules. Make the most of it . Its a great learning oportunity.

I'm planning to compete in the Japanese prelims next year.

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

Depends on what you are used to I guess. Its not as hard core as NHB. We dont allow ground and pound from the mount pos. We also wear plastic faced head gear which really protects you from getting your face mashed up. A few really dangerous strikes and locks aren't permitted.

Its like an ammature version of NHB without gloves.

But ,It has a Budo philosophy at its core so it still retains the traditional values ,while allowing the freedom to explore the full spectrum of techniques, with an emphasis on realism. For me its just perfect.

I've trained with some Kempo guys who were more hardcore. Training with them was just PAIN PAIN PAIN! I could hardly walk after each training session.

no shoes
Sorry, but I don't do stuff barefoot.
no strikes to the neck?
That's one of my main targets for hand strikes. I can go for ear slaps if you prefer?
no twisting the flesh
I'm sure the chinese stylists will be annoyed by having one of their favorite techniques removed..
no small joint manipulation? (just a little to dangerus i think but i would love to see it)
Sure the grappling stylists who use that for a large part of their arsenal won't be pleased with that.. sort've like telling a boxer they can compete as long as they don't punch, i'd think.
what would the ring be like im all for an octagon cause thats the traditional martial arts ring but any other ideas?
Personally, i'd prefer something about 15 feet diameter made out of asphalt or concrete. The edges I don't mind, so long as hitting them pretty much ends the fight. A dropoff works, maybe.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Depends on what you are used to I guess. Its not as hard core as NHB. We dont allow ground and pound from the mount pos. We also wear plastic faced head gear which really protects you from getting your face mashed up. A few really dangerous strikes and locks aren't permitted.

Its like an ammature version of NHB without gloves.

But ,It has a Budo philosophy at its core so it still retains the traditional values ,while allowing the freedom to explore the full spectrum of techniques, with an emphasis on realism. For me its just perfect.

I've trained with some Kempo guys who were more hardcore. Training with them was just PAIN PAIN PAIN! I could hardly walk after each training session.

sounds like something I would like to train in, but I guess it's too much for a lot of Americans since don't have much karate schools like that.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Yeah I dont think there are any Daidojuku dojos in the States yet. It was only started in 1981 so its still young. Its getting pretty big in Japan, and has spread to many countries in Europe. The Russians have a really strong team .But not only Daidojuku competes in the Kudo tournaments. Its open to anyone willing to fight by our rules.