• no

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes so many responses. i understand everyones points i guess. money needed. manpower required, cooperation essential. pads id say something along the line as was seen in best of the best 1 i thinkthat would be fine. especialy since thered be the hey there must be pads otherwise its to dangerous.

Do not follow me I may not always lead, do not lead I may not follow, just walk beside me and be my friend-unknown

"A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a joke or worried to death by a frown on the right person's brow." Charles Brower

Agreed.

A single bare knuckle punch to the face can kill.

One of my mates sustained a fractured skull from a single punch to the face during a drunken brawl last year, id post the photos, but i think he may be a bit embarassed.

Gloves keep people from claiming insurance or even going to sue the representative organisation.

Got much more to say but ill stop here,

Osu.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

:)

Boxers punch each others head numerous times.

In a boxers career, how many times do you think they have been hit in the head?

Definantly more than just a single time.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

Even with gloves a single punch can kill.Theres been tons of boxers that have died in the ring with gloves.

Most of that is from repetitive injuries/head shots, or pre-existing defects. Of all the deaths in the ring, I think only one or two were not due to one of those two factors, and both were considered aberrations.

As far as the world tournament, there are already many organizations that do it. You've got Goodwill games (Although now defunct), Pan American Games, the Collegiate games, Worlds in several different disciplines.

I don't think you'll ever get a homogenized tournament with different practitioners, it would just be UFC on a bigger scale. You would have to impose too many limits otherwise.

Judo vs. TKD/Karate for example. You'd have to really limit the judoka in throws, clinching, or else the TKD practitioner would have to have trained in judo, and then you're just getting into MMA again.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

i hope one day it will happen, i have always wanted to know whos the best and without a world tournament it will never happen

what do you think for the rules?

no biteing/eye gouges

no groin shots

no shoes

no strikes to the neck?

no twisting the flesh

no spiting

no putting the fingers in any opeaning or cut

stop when there KOed or tap

gloves by choice?

no small joint manipulation? (just a little to dangerus i think but i would love to see it)

what would the ring be like im all for an octagon cause thats the traditional martial arts ring but any other ideas?

You want the best of the best competition on martial arts, full on? The biggest problem is the inherent intent of the arts. When confronted with a threat, our goal is to eliminate that threat, with extreme prejudice. Any rules whatsoever would interfere with being able to determine whom are the best. It is simply not feasible to present a competition on who is the best for the very fact that any rules presented change the parameters of a confrontation, and no rules would leave plenty for the deadbook.

Indeed, even without any rules whomever wins may not actually be the best, but the luckiest. The one to have battled the most amount of substandard fighters on their way to the top. This was noted as a problem with the original UFCs, where people like Shamrock would go at it 110%, win every fight, and yet get injured along the way, so they couldn't get to the finals.

Personal opinion, the goal of such things would not be to see who is the best, but who brings in the best ratings. :roll:

We're not studying the arts for other people's entertainment.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro