• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

a world tournament  

23 members have voted

1. 1. a world tournament

• yes
    • no

what if there were a tournament held say every 4 years in between the olympics to deicide who really is amoung the best of the best. a world martial arts tournament. it would be so awsome. any and all thoughts on the matter please share

Do not follow me I may not always lead, do not lead I may not follow, just walk beside me and be my friend-unknown

"A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a joke or worried to death by a frown on the right person's brow." Charles Brower

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that you'll find that all the big MA organisations have their own world tournaments. There is no way that you could chuck all the different types of MA and organisations in the same place at the same time and see who's he best.

what if there were a tournament held say every 4 years in between the olympics to deicide who really is amoung the best of the best. a world martial arts tournament. it would be so awsome. any and all thoughts on the matter please share

Why not in the Olympics?

There are many factors against having what you're suggesting.

1. Who is going to run it? Each system is going to want to run it differently. Korean systems are going to want no low kicks, groin kicks, sweeping or grappling, whereas many other systems will.

2. The "best of the best" is not correct. It would only be the best of those that particpated. Not eveyone by any means is into competition.

I'm sure there is going to be a lot of input into this thread.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Its a fun idea on paper but in reality it wouldn't work. I personally love the concept, like Street Fighter, Tekken or the Quest. The rules would dictate who won and even in this you have to have rules or its "who can get to the others eyes first" I would love to see all these grapplers get destroied by small joint manipulations. Every other fight would probably end in a broken arm, its way too easy to pop and elbow if someone is punching or trying to grab you. Alot of martial arts wouldn't want this because it really shows the general public who is good/bad right/wrong. It would be interesting to see all the "mastah wannabe's" switch from school to school depending on what style wins the tournament. It would take about 4 years to figure out who represented each style. I could think/dream about this all day:)

i hope one day it will happen, i have always wanted to know whos the best and without a world tournament it will never happen

what do you think for the rules?

no biteing/eye gouges

no groin shots

no shoes

no strikes to the neck?

no twisting the flesh

no spiting

no putting the fingers in any opeaning or cut

stop when there KOed or tap

gloves by choice?

no small joint manipulation? (just a little to dangerus i think but i would love to see it)

what would the ring be like im all for an octagon cause thats the traditional martial arts ring but any other ideas?

Fist visible Strike invisible

i think the only way to decide who is the best of the best is to have no rounds just fight until someone gets knocked out or taps out and that there are no rules and its bare knuckle. now imagen seeing that on the olympics

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

Yes, however it would take massive amounts of man power, money, time, and organization.

I AGREE WITH MENJO IT WOULD BE REALLY COOL BUT IT WOULD TAKE UP A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF MONEY TIME AND MAN POWER

FEAR is only a four letter word

RORY