• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin questions for those who know a lot.

Jbone1

Read "The Kyokushin Way" by Sosai Mas Oyama...you can find it on e-bay once in a while or if you know someone who has trained Kyokushin for any length of time they may just have it. As close to an autobiography as you can get. The "Young Lions of Mas Oyama" is another good read. As to Jon Bluming, he was kicked out of Kyokushin by Sosai Oyama a number of years ago and has been trying to discredit him ever since. I agree with you "Yamesu" I have also trained with Senior Shihan's whom have trained with Sosai and they all say the same things, about his fighting ability, strength and his feats with bulls and such. In any large organization you will always get disgruntled members whom will try to discredit said organization or its leaders. Sad because in the end it just makes them look foolish.

OSU

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I dont know who John Blooming is,

but I do know Shihans and Senseis whom trained with OyamaSosai in the 60's and 70's, (much more respectable/wise persons than internet-peeps, and those that would write internet-articles,) .

Until 1970 Shihan Bluming was in charge of Kyokushin Karate

in Europe. At that time he resigned in order to concentrate on

his business. In 1980 he started his own organisation, which he named "Kyokushin Budokai". Shihan Bluming was promoted to 10th Dan in 1994.

To other (more nieve) members of this site, please try not to reference articles off the internet, most of it is utter *.

Thats why Universities wont allow references for scientific journals, etc to be from the internet.

Anyone can write anything.

Does not make it a bar of truth.

OSU.

Good advice. Keep in mind anyone can write all sorts of things about MA and get them published. Just because it is in print format vs. on the Internet doesn't make it more true. All I'm saying is that you should take everything you hear and read about MA topics with a grain of salt. Be a skeptic.