• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kicks only found in TKD

I don't think it has gotten a bad rap, as much as it has gotten an appropriate rap. There's been a lot of goofing off with tkd over the years, moving from function into flash. As well, plenty of substandard instructors handing out belts to substandard students, and the trend continues until there is a flood of bad tkd practitioners out there. With the entry of tkd into the Olympics, things have only gotten worse, not better.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah..I think you are right. Most of what you listed is done mainly for fun by students, though I have seen several knockouts in taekwondo tournaments from the tornado roundhouse. That is basic procedure in most "olympic style" taekwondo schools. The others might be taught as part of the regular curriculum but i think mainly practiced for fun. There is a whole community of people out here who simply do kicks like this, and other kicks that they have to make up names for. Kind of a blend of the more acrobatic techniques of taekwondo, wusha, capoeira, and various other arts say, working to things like 720 hook, corkscrew, doubleleg, and those are just some of the more basic ones, which only the doubleleg I can personally do. If you like to see more of this..check out the home of trick sites on the web. I can almost promise you if you like 360 and 540, you will see things on that site that will blow your mind away.

https://www.bilang.com

Todd

What are some of the kicks only found in TKD?

I know that there is a front kick, side kick and a round kick in probably almost every style, but what about some of the spin and aerial kicks?

Like...

Tornado

butterfly

What are some more that I'm forgetting? And what other styles of MA are these in.... Karate, Kung Fu?

They're not kicks, they're gymnastics techniques! They have no application in martial arts.

The more I train, the more I see the errors in my technique :(

"They're not kicks, they're gymnastics techniques! They have no application in martial arts."

I thought so because a lot of these clips are in gymnastics gyms.Also a lot of these kicks look like they really don't have much of a fighting aplication to them.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Nope, you're right. The only one that I really like is the Tornado (which if you really want to get technical, is a spinning cresent kick). The 360 and 540.... I just cannot see spinning around twice to build up speed and power to be an effective kick. You would land and be like "Ok, where did he go" or "Man.... I'm dizzy"

I just didn't know if this was practice or taught in any other style.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

Well I've actually have seen that kick were you spin twice and jump done effectively in a mma match.If you want to see the clip look in the kyoukushin threads.Not sure wich one though.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu