• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

BJJ vs Judo  

42 members have voted

1. 1. BJJ vs Judo

• Judo
    • BJJ

While many BJJ schools do no-gi, gi and nhb the classes are run on different days or times of the day. A lot of students either don't want some of the components or can't make certain days.

There are some good strikers and takedown artists in BJJ clubs for people that devote time to it. On average, BJJ striking is no better than judo in my experience.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judo depends too much on clothing, most of their throws are using the gi, and as in the street you dont use a gi then you will have just a couple of throws you can do with a t shirt, BJJ uses take downs that can be used in the street and you have better control in the ground, even without a gi.

Judo depends too much on clothing, most of their throws are using the gi,

It would be a more accurate statement to say that most of their throws are taught with the gi

as in the street you dont use a gi then you will have just a couple of throws you can do with a t shirt, BJJ uses take downs that can be used in the street and you have better control in the ground, even without a gi.

You should watch Fedor, Hayato Sakurai, and Karo fight some time- they are just a few of many mixed martial arts fighters that can utilize throws very well.

i would use both. the judo to take them down and the bjj to finish it. but i think bjj is a more practcal art

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."