• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should join your wrestling team for the extra mat experience. you would be amazed at how much you can crossover and incorperate in to both styles. Also in the first few months don't go overboard tring to learn tons of moves. focus on being relaxed and not giving your arms to easy arm-bars. Most of your other bigining submissions are easy to avoid and get out of with just a little bit of practise. I spent my first few months mostly learning counters to chokes because i love to shoot in and din not expect a choke. And now i love to give people my back and start from the turtle postion because it is more fun then passing guard!

Thats right he is 15! Makosub is is right on the money. Take up wreslting in high school. Don't miss that oppurtunity. especially if you want to fight.

WRESLTING IS THE KEY to fighting. It will teach good top control postion. as well as for fighting it will teach TAKE DOWNS and TAKE DOWN DEFENSE!

so if you like to strike you need wreslting and submission defense to get back on your feet to strike or least ground n pound.

If you want to work Jiu-Jitsu wrestling is key to taking the person down.

Just my opinon. Don't miss on the golden oppurtunity to wrestle.

Also when you do jiu-jitsu keep your elbows close to your ribs. That will help in avoiding arm bars.

For chokes hand on face. Also hunching shoulders to cheeks and chin down helps to protect the neck.

Good luck to you.

• 2 weeks later...

last night i took the free trial class at az combat sports.it was awesome!i did it with one of my friends who is also a black belt.we learned an arm bar,a lapel choke,north to south,and a some other stuff.gustavo wasnt there so i didnt get to meet him one of his high ranking students was teaching the class.a purple belt who works there took us aside and taught us.Then we got to roll with some of the guys.the guy who taght us said we did really good and could tell we had some experience.i'm definitely signing up!

Awesome! I am in Arizona right now also on vacatino from the military. I leave monday to go back to my unit.

Any way I took a private from Gustavo, Pretty good deal too. 45 minutes for 60 dollars for non memebers of his school. For members its 50 dollars. Thats pretty good deal for black belt instruction and he teaches good detail. After you get down some moves and want to work on details to make the moves better I suggest taking privates from him and work on details of those moves to make them better. Alot of BJJ Black belts charge 100 dollars to $200 dollars unless your rickson Gracie who charge $400 dollars an hour and is booked 2years back for private lessons.

Any way I am glad you had a good time. I wonder if it was the same purple belt i saw when I was there. I got a private from Gustavo last monday on the 24th. I saw purple belt in the 10:00am class. He was reall flexible and movement on the ground his technique was pretty sick!

was he white and had like a scar on his neck?oh and i got to see drew ficket it was pretty cool.it was funnymy friend was rooling with the purple belt and he had my friend in the guard and he was like oh you know what else works pretty good....pinching.my friend was like rea-owww and then he flipped him it was funny