• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to make this a health/fitness topic but yeah, unless you're Ronnie Coleman being bigger like Bolo will make you stronger/faster. And if you keep up with your stretching that will not suffer any... in fact, many bodybuilders are very flexible because they warm up so thoroughly.

Did he play "Gorilla" in Drunken Master?

And last I heard, his preferred style was Tai Chi Chuan.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

• 1 month later...
Recently watched Enter the Dragon, and the movie Bloodsport. I noticed that a large Chinese man by the name of Yang Sze or maybe Bolo Yeung was in these movies. The man was huge and I was just wondering if anyone here knows if he is a good martial artist or just an actor? Thanks.

I met him 15 years ago when I was 13 here in Hamilton, Ontario I was a Brown Belt then, he was filming scenes for Tiger Claws 1 at the tournament I was competing in you will see it in the movie, I talked to him and he showed me a couple of tecniques and I got a pic with him I'am actually drinking out of a coffee mug with the pic from 15 years ago on it..lol! He also inspired to start bodybuilding when I was 17 I have since built myself up to 220lbs at 5'8.5 5'9ish 19 inch arms the muscle helps as long as you keep stretching e.t.c. like one of the previous posts said it will only hinder you if your like super huge like Mr.O Ronnie Coleman and who is..lol I seen Bolo move in person and he moves like a lightweight and powerful as hell.. all in all he is a very queit humble man and a great martial artist and I love watching his movies, one of my fondest martial arts memories to date was meeting and talking to him..

IronWarrior that is awesome! He has inspired me to lift weights as well, although I have not progressed as far as you, I am trying and starting to see results. That is cool that he is a humble guy, never would have thought it from his characters he plays.

Seek not and you will find. -Lao Tsu

I didn't realize that elbows and knees...I was starting to consider cutting back on my weight lifting because I thought it would make you less agile/flexible. Thanks.

Heavy muscles may hinder your internals in your internals in your kung fu practise. What does your sifu say? I mean do you practise the internals? Chi kung?

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

Bolo is one of my top favorite martial artist, ur right he did do shotokan Karate in the Seventies, around the time of Bruce's Death. and now dose Tai chi, oh and Question, was that him in kungfu hustle playing the charactor of " the beast" i ask that because it looked like him or someonew who maybe related to him, especially since he whoed probely be alot older now anyway. :-?

PEACE :karate: 8)

I do practice Chi Kung...I'll have to ask my sifu tomorrow if it should only go so far. Son Goku, I have heard that was him in Kungfu Hustle, but the Shotokan Karate thing is just made up. He never did this, the main martial arts he studied were Kung Fu, Taijiquan, and Bruce did teach him some of his own methods as well.

Seek not and you will find. -Lao Tsu